Chapter 11 Part 3 - Problem of Romance

Since that incident, I patrolled around the school once a while. During the patrol, I often see some secret societies gathering like Ameralda's fan club, Alicia's fan club, Leo-sama's fan club, Anti-popularity Association, Elle-sensei Secret Guard, etc. I ignored them most of the times except when I found some of them peeping on the swimming lesson of the girls, especially Alicia's.

Caw! Caw! Caw!

I saw a crow passed by. When I sensed some miasma trail behind it, I shot it down without thinking twice. The black bird fell nearby and when I approached it, I found a corpse of an imp instead.

"Those guys really don't know when to give up."

I muttered.

"Finally I found you!"

I heard a girl's voice. I turned around and saw Ameralda jogged toward me.

"Ah, Anego, do you need something?"

I asked.

"What's with the way you're calling me? It creep me. Don't tell me, you're also-"

She made her own conclusion.

"No, no, no, no. Don't decide it yourself. I'm not interested in you at all."

I refuted her right away.

"Then, what's with that way calling me? Just for information, I don't want a male attendant or underling."

She said.

"Who wants to!! If I do become one, Alicia will drag and lecture me before putting me in- Never mind."

I cleared my throat.

"I thought you're already hooked with Leo-nii-san."

I said.

"Why should I?"

She asked. I frowned at her question.

"Didn't he just save you from that devil?"

I said.

"Yeah, everyone said so."

She sighed. But, she smirked at me.

"But, I already know that it was your ploy."

She added.

"I don't get what you're getting at?"

I played it dumb.

"There's no need to play it dumb. I heard everything from Leonardo-kun."

She said. I twitched hearing it.

THAT IDIOT PRINCE!!!!

I screamed inside my head.

"Isn't he just acting humble?"

I tried to throw the hero role to him again.

"Acting humble?"

She titled her head.

"You see, when the girl a boy like suddenly praised what you deed for protecting her all sudden, he will tried to act as if it was another person's achievement to hide his embarrassment. Leo-nii-san might be looked like a playboy and courageous person but in reality he's kind and timid."

I said.

"Hee, that's unexpected."

She bit the bait.

"But, I heard you're the one who killed the demon though."

She said.

"Yeah, that's right. I did that because the opponent is too much for a close combat type like him. And, he had his hands full taking care of his beloved princess."

I said.

"Be-Beloved? Me?"

She was lost of words.

"Didn't he try to speak to you often?"

I asked.

"Did he? As far as I remember, he only likes talking to my underlings."

She said. I slapped my forehead when I heard it. That idiot prince is hopeless.

"I'll be blunt right now. That idiot muscle head prince is attending this academy just to pursue you. He wanted to learn a high class spells to impress you as you said you only will go out with someone who can cast a high class spell."

I said.

"Ha?"

Ameralda was dumbfounded.

"Who said I had such magic fetish?"

She said.

"What?"

I was dumbfounded by her respond instead. I fell into silence before trying to connect everything.

Leo fell in love with Ameralda ==> He gathered information ==> The fan club intercepted ==> They told some lies ==> Leo believed ==> He enrolled the academy ==> He attempted making contact at the campus ==> The fan club intercepted ==> The current situation

I giggled several times before broke into laughter. This was too hilarious.

"That idiot!!"

I screamed.

"Umm... are you alright?"

Ameralda asked.

"Ah, nothing. It's just the twist of event is too funny for me."

I said. Ameralda was displeased.

"I don't get what you're trying to say."

She said.

"That guy is head-over-the-heel to you."

I said.

"Ha?"

She was dumbfounded.

"You don't believe me? Then, why don't we proof it instead."

I said to provoke her.

"Hou, how are you going to do it?"

She asked with interest.

"Leave everything to me."

I said.