Chapter 29 - Second Seal's Trial

I walked through the gap. There was no sign of it narrowing or moving. It felt like I was walking in an ordinary long corridor. I increased my speed when I saw the end of the corridor. I entered and saw the 10-years-old Ren was standing in the middle of semicircular room.

“Ah, Onii-san, you’ve come.”

He said. He walked toward me.

“Here”

He handed me the crystal sphere. I accepted it.

“Why you handed this me right away?”

I asked. The sphere shattered like the moment I received one before.

“No, I just hand you what’s belong to you, the proof that you’re Ren Concerto. But, it’s still just a name. Your titles, your gift of appraisal, and your level are still with me.”

He said.

“Then, what should I do to get them from you?”

I asked. He looked around.

“Then, play with me.”

He casually said. He reached for his breast pocket and handed me a folded paper. He smiled and threw something to the ground. As soon as he did that, smoke rose up and covered the entire room. When the smoke was gone, the room changed. The previously blank white semicircular wall, now had 10 doors with numbers on them.

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

The doors looked similar and had no sign of being a fake. I looked into the folded paper in my hand.

[1+2 = 8]

[The world where up and down are equal for the greatest number and the number of June. ]

[The answer lies beyond the other side of number 4.]

The riddle didn’t make sense at all. I scratched my head as I looked at the doors.

“The ups and down are equal for greatest number. What does it mean? The number of June is probably 6. And no matter how you think about it, 1+2 is 3 right? Are you telling me to predict the thinking pattern of a child who can’t do a math?”

I said.

“Wait, other side of 4?”

If the numbers are paired, it might guide me to the right path.

1 – 0
2 – 9
3 – 8
4 – 7
5 – 6

By putting this, I smirked. I stood up and walked toward the door number 7. I pushed the door open and saw a long corridor behind it. I nodded and made up my mind. I dashed straight into the long path which the end almost couldn’t be seen by naked eye.

I pushed the door at the end of the corridor open. There, I saw a white room with the size of 2 X 2 meters. In the middle, I saw Ren was standing while holding a present.

“Congratulation on finding the answer!! Here’s your reward.”

He said. I took the present box and opened it. Inside, I saw the crystal sphere and a letter. I absorbed the crystal first before I took the letter. As soon as I took the letter from the box, Ren threw another smoke bomb. When the smoke dissipated, the white room suddenly opened up like a cardboard box.

Beyond the room was a maze like messy room. What I meant by messy is the fact that everything is jumbled. There were doors stuck on the ceilings and floor. Even there was a door which was looked like a put on the wall as if it was a window.

4 5 7 2 = On the Floor

0 8 1 = Normal Door

3 9 = Window-like door