Chapter 24 Part 3 - The Rebel's Situation

The morning arrived. I received the news from Shade that the rescue was success with the help of a certain adventurer. He was going to bring Lilliana in three days. He delayed his departure because Lilliana was attached to that adventurer and she was having a mission which lasted till next three days.

Alicia was happy when I tell her about it. She was a bit worried about the adventurer but I managed to assure her by telling her about shade's presence with them.

"But, I'm somehow worried about Nii-sama and the other. The human wave tactic they used was wearing the rebels off. At this rate the rebels are going to lose."

Alicia said.

"Well, I have seen the practical use of that tactic. That was pretty bad for battle of endurance on our side."

I said.

"But, that tactic has a natural enemy."

I added. Everyone looked at me.

"Alchemy"

I added.

"You're saying that you can handle them?"

Mother asked with bit of astonishment.

"I also have options of removing enemy's advantage, crushing them mercilessly, and neutralize them completely."

I said.

"Aren't you much too powerful?"

Mother complained.

"But, Milord, was it wise to show yourself that much?"

Karina asked.

"That's probably a bad move. That's why we must join the rebel army first before deciding things."

I said.

"Rebel army huh?"

Mother looked conflicted.

"But, why not just weaken them directly?"

Fianna asked.

"We need to do some cleanup first."

I said.

"Cleanup?"

Everyone titled their head.

"Say, Alicia, how many times the rebels' skirmishes are crushed by the enemy?"

I asked.

"Eh? I heard it's around 40 times already. Our number decreased on each skirmish. Ah, now you mention it, there were also a big move that Nii-san led but the enemy had intercepted it at critical moment. There was no victim but a loss is a loss."

Alicia said.

"That's not just a coincidence. There's a spy among the rebels. A high ranked one at that."

I said.

"High ranked traitor..."

Alicia looked sad.

"We must notify Leo about it. And also about our next plan."

I said.

"And how do we do that without letting any of those spies know?"

Rosemaria asked.

"There's a way. As long as that sleepyhead classmate is still there."

I said.