Chapter 40 - Surprise in the Dark Corridor

I followed the two strange girls as they guided me to their master's place. Actually this journey almost not starting at all as they kept talking about nonsense before I snapped and sent my iron fist into their head.

The two girls were still having teary eyes as they walked. They were rubbing the faint bump on their head. I followed them silently. Their walking speed was no different of a primary schoolers so compared to my usual pace, this journey took a longer time. We didn't talk at all as I knew that talking with either of them would lead to nothing but a headache.

We walked back through the dark corridor for a while before both of them stopped their steps.

"What's wrong?"

I asked them. They turned around and faced me.

"Starting from here, we'll properly guide you to our master."

The blonde girl said.

"But, please cooperate with us so that we can end it quickly."

The black girl said.

""So, please don't do any pointless struggle as we guide you to the Pandemonium.""

They said in unison. As soon as they said that, two torrents of black flame rude from their feet and enveloped them. I leaped backwards to take some distance from either of them.

The torrents disappeared and the girls were standing in their place with different attire.

The blonde now was wearing dark goth Loli attire and her umbrella was changed into a purplish black spear. Her hair was also tied with skull shaped hair ornaments.

The black haired girl changed into Miko attire. Her facial features didn't change but there was a fox mask hanging on her hair. In her hand was a dark purplish naginata which was giving an eerie aura from the blade.

I sighed and scratched my head. It seems like these girls weren't here to annoy me but to guide me to the real realm of the dead or in other words to kill me.

"Heh, it seems like you have given up, perverted dragon."

The blonde said.

"Eh? He's a pervert for real?"

The black haired girl asked dumbfounded. He looked at me from the head to toe.

"Well, he's indeed giving such vibe. Especially his nether region."

She said.

"..."

I have given up on retorting. I shrugged my shoulder and prepared my stance.

"Iza,"

The blonde said. She lowered her stance.

"Jinjou ni"

The black girl said. She also prepared her naginata.

""Shoubu!!""

Both of them shouted as they leaped at me. Being charged forward with mid ranged melee weapons as expected would be dangerous for a magic type like me.

I continuously leaping backwards to avoid entering their range. Despite having small stature, their leaps were could be said quite strong as they could keep up with my speed.

I didn't bother to look back as there was nothing but straight pathway behind me. But, at this rate the situation would be disadvantageous for me if it kept dragged on. I created a magic circle on my palm and shot a magic bullet at them. They dodged the small bullet at ease and continued their pursuit.

But, somehow I suddenly felt uneasy. After all, they didn't bother to tell me to stop in cliched way or trying to increase their speed to reduce our distance.

I gasped and quickly turned around when the blonde girl smirked. Sharp pain could be felt on my left flank. A sharp blade managed to open a wound just above my waist and it barely missed my vital.

I lost my balance and tumbled down before rolling on the ground few times. I gritted my teeth and raised my head. A girl in ninja attire and Oni mask was holding a black kotetsu in her hand. She had purple hair tied in ponytail.

As soon as I saw her feature, I quickly used my magic to shoot the floor with magic bullet. There was no enemy there but thanks to the blast I managed to avoid the two critical attacks of the blonde and black haired girls.

I staggered as I held the wounded flank with my left hand. I faced the three girls as I gritted my teeth. I then glanced at my back. A big built person with bucket helmet covering his head, wearing bloodied butcher apron while holding an axe in his left and a butcher knife on his right.

"Heh, it seems like I got caught in a nasty trap."

I muttered.

"Ara? Is that so? Then, you should have allowed Amy's spear and Reika's naginata to skewer your vital a moment ago."

A very feminine voice came from behind the butcher man. I looked at her direction and saw a girl with silver hair stepped out from the butcher's shadow. She wore white plate armor on her chest, arms shoulders, and legs and tight leather spats which indicated that she was a stereotypical female knight of the medieval era in several fantasy literatures. The only difference was the existence of dark butterfly mask on her face.

She pulled her estoc from the sheath and prepared her stance.

"Then, shall we begin? Our dragon hunting that is."

She said with a smile on her face. This is my second time got trapped in a nasty pinch in this place.