Part 10

"Mmmmm!"

"Uh-huh!" I replied. With chip shop wrapping papers sprawled across the picnic table in the park, me and Crysti are tucking into the delicious snack willingly.

I am honestly starved, i haven't eaten since last night and didn't get a chance to finish my meal because Lib and Lex were late for bed! I am eating most of the Chips today, because Crysti's decided to start that insane diet because she pig's out at Christmas! Who doesn't? Even though my family are poor, i always make sure to save up cash in the weeks before so i can get some decent treats for Lib and Lex! 

"Cryst! Please stop this stupid frigging diet! You'll damage yourself!" She threw down the chip she was holding, looking at me with an annoyed look.

"Oh what bull! Honestly don't worry Liv, it's not like i'm purposely starving myself all the time! I put on four pounds last Christmas! So, i'm losing weight before Christmas this year so i can pig out if i want to and not have to pay the price! I think it's kind of clever actually, ring on the mince pies!" She said whilst getting hand sanitizer out of her bag, i guess she's finished.

"Argh! Fine! Okay! I trust you because i love you! I'm actually going up for this job for the Christmas parade, it's choreographing and teaching all the volunteered kids the different dances for each float. I don't know yet if it's paid work or just volunteer positions,  but you could shake some pounds doing that if you apply with me. You have dance experience and it's lot healthier than starving yourself!"

"How many times! I am not starving myself! But, I'll think about it"

"Okay. Hey Crysti? What do you make of that news story about the student who ran off with her teacher?"

"Oh my god! I saw that last night! I don't really know what to think to be honest. I bet everyone is going to label the teacher as a pedophile, even though they looked really loved up in that picture on the ferry. They both must have insane guts to be able to go through with that, but then just think about what you would do if you were forced into that kind of position!"

"I don't know what i would do though!" That was an honest answer, but i somehow just can't shake this story from my mind. There's so many questions floating around in my brain about the couple! They must be terrified right now!

"Ha, me neither"

Above us, the sky starts to rumble, the park has gotten darker than it should be from the dark gray clouds that are closing in on us overhead. Me and Crysti looked at the sky, and then looked at each other with a knowing look that just screams 'Crap run!' I rush out of my seat, crumpling up the empty chip papers and throwing them into the rubbish bin about 10 feet away from us in one shot. After that, we both grab our belongings and try to sink ourselves in our hoodless coats as much as possible, before sprinting out of the park and down the long street that leads towards school.

As soon as we'd exit the park gates, gigantic, heavy droplets of freezing cold rain come down on us as if we are standing near Niagara Falls! By the time we get to school we are gonna look like drowned rats! Smith's coat is gonna be wet and gross! My satchel is leather, but it's certainly not waterproof anymore with the amount of holes that it holds! All my school work could be ruined! Why does Britain get all the rain?

The streets are now deserted, as though an air raid shelter has just go off, everyone has run for cover at this sudden rainfall. Me and Crysti have no other choice though, we can't be late back! The raindrops are falling so hard that it looks as though they are bouncing back off the ground. The pathway is already filled with puddles, mine and Crysti's hair is soaked from top to bottom as if we have dunked our heads into ponds!