Part 3

It's been about forty minutes since I entered the warm library from the bitter weather, since then I've been working on my History homework at one of the school computers. It's been kind of fun and easy due to my interests in the subject. The only bad thing about being in here right now is a good looking, but distracting guy called Shaun from my tutor group, who is sat on the other side of the library working on some paperwork at a table. He continues to look over at me almost as though he's hungry and i'm a dancing chicken leg in a tutu!

I turn my head back to the computer screen, tucking a tendril of hair behind my ear. I'm trying my best to ignore his piercing glare, but I can't concentrate knowing that he's there! Seriously, what the hell? How creepy! 'Hello dude! I have an essay to finish!' You don't just continuously stare at someone for an entire hour! In someways it's reminding me of mum's creepy boyfriend Max, who likes to do the exact same thing when i'm doing my chores! Should I confront him? He's still staring at me! I'm not gonna be able to concentrate on my work if I don't!

Nah.. I don't have the guts to do it. My outburst towards Smith yesterday was fueled by pure rage. He might have been joking though, but if not what the hell? You don't say something like that to your class! I look over to Shaun once more, and he is still looking at me like a peadophile would look at a child, his head lowered, looking at me through his lashes.

10 Minutes Later

I have given up trying to focus on my history essay, so for the past 10 minutes I've been writing a paragraph about creepy Shaun. It includes a few phrases like 'What's your problem creep?' 'Please, please, please go away!' and 'What's wrong with you?' Across the room; Shaun started filing papers away into a folder of his. He looked at me again, twitched an eyebrow at me before flinging his backpack over one shoulder and moving towards the exit of the library. Looking back at me every few steps he takes, I am of course staring back at him with a nervous look on my face, twiddling my fingers together under the computer desk. With one hand on the the library doors ready to push, he looks back at me one last time and makes a kissing motion, before departing from the library doorway, disappearing into the empty school playground.

I feel physically sick! and nervously sick! For all I know he could follow me home tonight! Okay...breathe, clear head and concentrate. This definitely needs to be printed today, I won't have time on Monday morning. I delete my passing-the-awkward-time hate paragraph and continue to type on from where last I finished.

Finishing the last paragraph; I clicked the print button. I had to print out all of my homework at school because my parents don't have a printer and teachers get unbelievably mean when you ask if you can e-mail it to them. Lazy!

I walked up the computer lane to the printer to collect my work, only to find that it hadn't printed. The message on the printer said error 404. What the hell? I open the paper compartment to see if it had run out, but the paper drawer is full to the top. I walk back to my computer and try again. Then walk back, still nothing. Looking around the room I find that I am by myself, no librarian. The last time I looked away from the computer screen was about half an hour ago and she was here then.

I huff in annoyance and cross my arms over my chest, pacing the computer lane back and forth in anxiety, trying to think of a solution. This essay is due on Monday and its Friday evening. I absolutely need this essay now! I wonder if Mr Smith is still here? I could use his printer! By personal preference I would choose another teacher, but the only classrooms in the school that have student computer labs is the History department. I can't get into the labs because they are only unlocked by the subject teacher during lesson time if needed, but he could have the key right? Smith said something about marking during today's lesson, I could go and see if he is here and ask to him to unlock the lab! Teachers usually leave at around half four, It's a quarter past. So, I quickly save my work to my USB stick and log off, i grab my bag and speed walk to the history department. Luckily, when I get there he is just packing away his pens.