Part 4

Monday

Being late on Friday had put my Mum in a really bad mood which then put me in a really bad mood. Even though I'm grateful that I can get away from all the home drama at school I just can't help but let her get to me. Ever since my father died she's been miserable! I'm not saying that she's not allowed to mourn, but it's been four years now! She needs to get over it and take care of her children! Her latest boyfriend Max is the biggest creep ever! Creep, meaning that he sits in a chair and does nothing but stare at you, just like Shaun did on Friday! Not speaking once! He only ever addresses me if my mum has a request that she can't be bothered to bellow at me herself. It's time to change, unfortunately she doesn't agree.

Now I'm all set for school, I've dropped my sisters off at school, I've been to Starbucks. Thank god for coffee! Without it I think i might just die! Or I'd be put into rehab with withdrawel symptoms. I can only afford it because I babysit on weekends, sometimes I have to take my sisters with me, but the customers understand. They know of my families circumstances, the whole neighborhood does! Luckily I live quite a long way from school so I'm the only student that lives round here, not that it's a secret at school either!

Reaching the dark green metal gates of school I see Crysti tapping her foot and looking at her watch impatiently. I'm not late am i? When your late the gates are locked. I walk through the gates and rush up to her. I honestly hate having to be barricaded into this place all day even if sixth formers can leave. It still feels like jail! 

"Hey! Am I late?" She looks over at me annoyed.

"Very nearly Liv! We have like two minutes, you can't be late! Hurry up run!" She brabs my arms pulling me towards the school entrance.

"What a lovely way to greet your friend" I say tossing my coffee container into the bin.

We begin running as fast as we can with gym bags hitting our knees, coursework slipping from our grips, our hair whipping round our faces and sticking to our lips and not to mention the bizarre looks we are getting from other students who all clearly think we are bonkers. Once Crysti and i reached the door to our tutor room we turned looked at each other, then i looked upwards at her windswept hair, she followed looking at mine. We look back at each other and start laughing hysterically.

"Hahahaha!!!!! You look like a peacock with frizzy feathers Liv!"

"Hahahahaha!"

"Ahahahahahaha!!!"

I just laugh further not having the breath to speak a reply. My lungs hurting badly because of my desperation for air. After the giggles had gone, the hair was brushed and our faces had returned to there natural colour we were definitely late. We hurried through the classroom door to our desks sending an apologetic look to our tutor who we interrupted whilst she was informing the class about after school clubs. Sending one last knowing glance towards Crysti i relax my shoulders and keep a small smile on my face. Finally...i feel happy.

{Morning Break}

After two hours of Math's i am waiting in the common room for Crysti, who i think had English last lesson. Although she may come across as a bit of a plonk, Crysti is actually quite dedicated to her education especially English. Her life-long dream has been to become a writer for a fashion magazine since she was like 5 years old, i think her favourite magazine in called Zogue or something? I don't have a clue haha! That's definitely not my area of interests. Most of the time outside of school i just wear skinny jeans, ankle boots and logo-ed rock band off the shoulder shirt. My hair in it's natural waves and curls. Nice and simple. The only thing i am peticular about is my eyeliner, it has to be right!