Part 6

When i got home guess who was angry at me for being late! No concern at all went towards the tear stains on my face! I have actually fooled my mother into thinking that school finished at 4:30 when actually last lesson ends at three! I usually use this hour and a half to do work in the library or just walk incredibly slow with Crysti nattering about every which subject under the sun.

On my way home i'd walked extra slow to enjoy the peace and relax myself because i know i'll be backed up all evening. Unbelievably, it was already ten to four when i'd just started walking home. My school is on the upper class side of town so it takes quite a while to get home on foot.

I am standing in the hallway, Mum and Max are in the living room watching TV. I can hear Libby and Lexi from the hallway, they're upstairs having a conversation about barbies. I quickly run up the stairs and throw my bag and folders into my small bedroom, so i can go and say hi to them. My mums boyfriend picks them up after school because our finishing times clash. Well, our supposed finishing times. I have to say though, i don't trust him with my little sisters especially when he always gives me weird long stares!

I quietly open their bedroom door,  they get scared when things are bashing around. Loud bangs usually mean that my mum and her boyfriend are having yet another argument! It happens most night times waking them up from there sleep, so i always sneak into there room and read to them to block out the noise.

"Hey you two!" A smile spread on my cheeks. Their eye's widen when they see my face. In unison they stand and run to hug me. Lexi squishes her head into my chest and spoke.

"Hey Livy!!" Libby just squeezed my arm quickly because Lexi was taking up all the space. Then she looked at me with her big curious eyes.

"How was your day? Does crazy Crysti keep you from doing your school work?" 

"Haha! No Lib. Even though Crysti is a little crazy, we don't have many lessons together. Only free periods and Art & Design" Lexi stopped hugging me and joined in on the conversation.

"Art & Design is my favourite lesson!" Her excitement was way cute like Smiths face when he taunts. Shame he did a jerky thing.

"Last week we made pictures out of pasta! I wanted to put mine on my bedroom wall but mummy said no" Sadly her excitement and big smile faded into a little frown.

Seeing little children's glassed over eyes and pouty frowns is a disturbing image to have to witness all the time. Not being able to make them as happy as they should be makes me hate myself ultimately. Even if it isn't my fault, it's still painful to see! I have tried to talk and encourage my mother several times failing every one! Each conversation ends with her shouting in my face, telling me that i am pushing my luck and if i don't shut up. I will be thrown out the front door with all my belongings. Libby sat down on the heart shaped rug and begun colouring-in a kitten picture, her tummy started rumbling and she looked up at me.

"Liv. When's dinner time?"

"Soon Libby. But first i've got to go out and buy it. Are you two gonna stay upstairs and play until i get back?" In unison they replied.

"Yeah!" Then Lexi spoke up. "Libby wants give all her dolly's a bath and then dress them up all nice. It's gonna take ages!"

I smile at how adorable they are, even though there mother hardly recognizes there existence. I get up and kiss them each on the head ruffling there pigtails.

"Kay. I'll try and be as quick as possible. See you soon! and don't flood the house!" 

"We promise we won't! Bye!" Lexi replied for both of them because Libby is engrossed in her colouring.