They grimace at the action and glance at each other before Varian sighs loudly. "Alright! Rapunzel, get Attila, Baker, and Uncle Monty to help make another cake. Please try to get it here before I get (____)." 

"On it!" Rapunzel says cheerfully. 

Rudiger digs in the small pouch that was strapped around Varian's waist and pulling out two vials. 

The clock dings in the distant and Varian looks to the pocket watch in his vest, "It's time!" His face lights up and he excitedly goes to the closed gates, skipping backwards. "You sure you got this, Eugene?" 

The ex-thief crosses his arms, "Sure." 

"Remember, don't let anyone in until we're ready. AND don't let any of the ruffians, ESPECIALLY Shorty, touch ANYTHING." Varian peaks in front halfway out the gates.

"Don't worry, Max and I handled them before and we can totally keep an eye on Shorty." Eugene reassures. 

Varian shouts out one more time from behind the walls, "AND KEEP AN EYE ON THE CAKE WHEN RAPUNZEL GETS BACK!" Now, he was off to your house and he hoped you'd be happy by giving your first surprise for your birthday. Himself visiting you.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Ha! I'm going to prove to Varian that I am NOT an idiot." Eugene sticks his arm out to lean on the table, only to tip the bowl of grape juice and splatter his top half with purple stains. "AHHHH!" Eugene screams dramatically, "No, no, no, no, no, no!! This can't be happening! Max! Pascal! You're in charge and I need of change of clothes STAT!" 

Max rolls his eyes and sits down. His gaze shifts to the empty seat…..which Shorty was supposed to be sitting in. The green chameleon and the Royal Guard Horse immediately jump up and panic while looking around. 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Today is your special day and Varian was going to make it perfect, especially after the trouble he caused years ago, but…..after your constant visits to his cell. He felt like he needed to make it up to you. On your birthday, you would always visit and bring him a cupcake to share. You were special to him. 

He had been set free yesterday and luckily, you didn't visit and he hoped it would be that way until this morning. The plans that were spent weeks in the cell were all his ideas and the whole kingdom with the Princess's help, wanted to pitch in to make your birthday special. 

Once Varian made it to your house, your guardian had answered the door and they were already in on this surprise party. "She's still asleep." 

Varian grins, "Good. I remember she gets very grumpy though I hope she feels better once she sees it's me." He walks to your bedroom after your guardian jokes for him to be careful. 

Your bedroom door slowly opens and Varian tip toes in, nearly laughing at your sleeping position on the bed. He kneels down next to your bed and pokes your forehead while speaking softly, "Hey! Happy Birthday!~" 

You hardly moved in your sleep and faintly muttered, "To You…", in your sleep and clearly not awake. 

Varian chuckles and rolls his eyes, "Uh, it's YOUR birthday." He gently shakes your arm. 

This time, you groan tiredly and turn away from him, "Then let me……." Your voice dozes off, "...sleep…" 

Varian pouts then stands and plops on top of you. His whole body weight squishing you. It probably wasn't a good idea but Varian wanted to set his plans into motion if he wanted your special day to be perfect. "GET UUUUUUUUP, (_____)!!!"