xxv. two more mendes?

—

"Babe? You ready?" Yelled Shawn, waiting for Phoebs. "We're going to be late!"

Shawn felt like he was back four years ago when she was pregnant, even though he preferred to not remember. But, he was determined to make it right this time...he promised to her and himself that he won't fuck up a second time.

Phoebs arrived in the lobby. "Sorry, didn't know what to put on!" She exclaimed as she noticed Shawn's face.

"You would look pretty in everything, honey. You know it." He replied

She rolled her eyes. "I can't wear sweatpants to an appointment!"

He laughed, shaking his head. "I find you pretty, isn't it enough? We don't care about others. Plus you are pregnant, you can wear anything you want."

"I like looking good, is it a problem?" She snapped back

Shawn put his hands in surrender, closing his mouth. "Fuck, the hormones are hitting hard today." He joked as she groaned. "I'm kidding babe, I love you."

She hummed. "I love you too..." She spoke, hopping in the car. "You really need to get a lower car, Jeep isn't for pregnant women!"

"Oh my..." Shawn started, ready to complain because he literally had his Jeep since high school. "We will get another one, babe." He finished as she sent him a smile.

They, soon, got to the doctor's office. Shawn could clearly remember walking in it the first time, his whole body was full of excitement as Phoebe couldn't help but be nervous. Then he never had the time, well, he never took the time to go to another appointment and he really hated himself for it.

"Mendes?" Asked the doctor, who looked kind of old. "Hey, guys." He stated as the couple approached him. "I'm Doctor Tremblay, nice to meet you."

"Tremblay? I think you were my mom's doctor when she was pregnant." Exclaimed Shawn, looking at him.

The doctor seemed surprised "Maybe, I've been doing this job for a long time now." He told them. "What was her name?"

"Karen Rayment." Replied Phoebe.

The doctor made an 'o' face and nodded. "I knew your mother! One of a kind." He said smiling. "So if I suppose, you are Shawn right?"

The curly boy laughed. "Exactly! That's me."

"How funny is that?" Said Phoebe. "Twenty-five years ago, your mom was walking here, pregnant, with your dad...And, now I am the pregnant woman." They all laughed together.

Doctor Tremblay cleared his throat. "So, you guys are here to know the sex right?"

"Yup!" Replied Shawn. "We're really excited."

Phoebe laid down on the chair as the doctor put the cold gel on her stomach, he moved and soon we could see the baby. She grabbed Shawn's hand in excitement, both of them totally in awe in front of their baby.