ix. her only family

—

"Don't hit me again!" She yelled, stepping back until she hit the wall. "Please, Vince..."

Vince let out a dry laugh before, pressing his body against hers as she closed her eyes. "What do I have to do to make you stop crying like, a damn baby?" He muttered.

Phoebe shut her mouth close, sobbing quietly while Vince's hands roamed on her body. "You will be mine forever." He murmured, making her want to puke.

She opened her eyes full of tears, and looked on the side. Vince's eyes were closed as he enjoyed, touching her. Her arm stretched, and grabbed the lamp and smashed it against Vince's head. After that, Vince was totally knocked out.

As soon as, the lamp hit his head, Phoebe took her important things and ran out of the apartment, without looking back. She looked at herself in the lift's mirror, letting out a gasp as she saw her right cheek, turning dark red. She sat in her car and drove to the only place where she could be safe.

She immediately got out of the car and ran to the front door. Her vision still blurry because of the tears, her shaky hands came in contact with the door as she knocked, hoping someone was behind that door.

The door flew open, revealing Shawn's mom. "I'm sorry to bother you Karen but, you were the only people I was thinking about." She cried, hugging herself.

Karen's face immediately changed as she let her in. "What happened, honey?" She asked, walking to the couch.

"I'm so sorry for coming that late." Phoebe sobbed as Manny walked to the living room, still in his pyjamas.

He rushed to her side and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey, calm down. It's okay, we are here." He softly comforted her.

Karen cupped her face and dried the tears. "What happened?"

"Vince hit me." She quietly spoke as the old couple let out a gasp. "I didn't know where to go and you guys were the first to come in my mind."

Karen kissed her forehead softly, letting Manny squeeze her closer to him. "We're glad, you came." Answered Shawn's dad.

"He became so violent the past few days." Said Phoebe quietly. "And, I couldn't talk or he would hurt me." She wept, holding Manny's arm closer to her.

"Why did he hurt you?" Asked Manny. Phoebe just shook her head and continued to cry.

Phoebe whimpered. "I know, Shawn and I aren't together but...I couldn't help myself and come here."

Manny lifted her face. "Phoebe, you are our family, okay? Don't be afraid to come to us." He talked smoothly.

Karen sat, on the other side of Phoebe. "We are here for you." Spoke delicately, rubbing Phoebe's side.

"It burns." Murmured Phoebe. "My cheek burns. Is my neck red?" She whimpered

Karen held her hand and brought her to the kitchen, she grabbed the washcloth and put it under the water. She, carefully, brought it on Phoebe's cheek making her wince.

"I'm sorry." Whispered Karen, tapping delicately the washcloth on her burning cheek. "I can't believe, he hit you." She muttered.

Phoebe hummed. "Me neither...Lately, he was aggressive but in his way to talk, it happened that he would grab my wrist harshly or, put me against the wall." She spoke. "But...he never hit me until tonight."

Karen let out a sigh. "You don't deserve this, Phoebe. You really don't."

Phoebe nodded. "I know, I don't. Just hope, I'll have my happy ending." Karen kissed her forehead. "I love you, Karen. Thank you for being here for me since the beginning."

"No problem, honey." The old woman smiled. "You should probably go to sleep, honey." She stated.

Phoebe nodded. "Where should I sleep?" She asked

"Shawn's room?" Proposed Manny. "I would have proposed Aaliyah's one or the guys but they are really messy, and, I think you'll be better in Shawn's room." He rant.

"It's okay, Manny. I will sleep in Shawn's room." She answered. "Alright, good night guys. Again, I'm sorry and I love you both."

"We love you too." They both answered as the young woman walked to Shawn's old room.

Her eyes ranked the room, still the same after all these years. Her lips curved into a smile as the souvenirs came back, her laying there after a Christmas dinner and Shawn dancing around the room like a fool. She opened the window lightly, letting the cold air comes in the bedroom. She always loved sleeping with the windows open, Shawn hated that but, it gave him a good excuse to cuddle against her in the morning.

She could notice that, Shawn added a few photos. Some with Brian, his siblings and with Phoebe. The door slowly opened as, Karen walked in the room with pillows and a blanket.

"He still loves you, you know?" She joined her, watching the photo. "Jake and Scott keep saying that he should take that photo down but, he keeps refusing." She giggled.

Phoebe hummed, taking the photo. "It's like, this photo screams happiness. We were happy." She grinned smoothly. "I still love him." She admitted. "But, he knows it."

"How?" Queried the English woman, sitting on the bed.

"We talked, a week ago." She confessed. "I told him that I was happy and that I loved him." She sobbed a little. "It still hurts, you know. I don't deserve all of this." She added.

Karen wrapped her arm around her and rubbed her side. "I know..."

Phoebe laid her head on Karen's shoulder. "I should have my baby, right now and, Shawn still by my side." She spoke. "And, I wish I would come back here because I wanted to let you my baby girl for a day not because, my new boyfriend hit me."

"You have no idea how I want that too." Karen spoke to the young woman. "But, don't worry it will happen."

Phoebe hummed, again. "I should really sleep, I haven't had a real night since I am with Vince."

"Sleep how much you want, honey." Karen replied, standing up and kissing her forehead. "Goodnight."

"Good night, Karen." She answered. "Thank you again."

"No problem, love." She spoke before, closing the door.

I'm living for Karen & Phoebe relation🥺

Feel free to vote or comment! Sorry for the mistakes