xxii. to us

—

"Are we really going official?" Asked Phoebe, staring at Shawn's parents house. "Uh?"

Shawn hummed, grabbing her hand. "They probably know but, I prefer be clear and say it out loud." He told her, smiling.

"All right, well, I'm ready." She chuckled, kissing his cheek. "Is everyone here?"

Shawn nodded. "Everyone. Jake, Scott and Aaliyah." He spoke. "They are happy to see you again."

"And I'm happy to see them again." She replied as they walked. "I missed them."

Phoebe brought her hands to knock, she could hear the Mendes family talking loud behind the doors. The door flew open revealing Jake all smiley.

"Guys!" He yelled, taking Phoebe in his arms. "I'm so glad to see you again." He whispered in her ear, leaving a sweet kiss on her cheek.

Phoebe ruffled his hair and laughed. "Me too, Jake."

She walked in, leaving Shawn behind. Her feet slowly walked into the familiar house, she soon heard laughs coming from the living room.

"Hey Karen." She spoke, making Karen jumped. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." She chuckled.

Karen shook her head, hugging her. "It's okay." She laughed. "Nice to see you, Pheebs." She told her. "How do you feel?"

"Much better." She replied honestly. "Shawn helped me a lot."

Karen offered her a slight smile. "I'm glad to hear that." She answered. "So, are you two together?" She asked curiously.

Phoebe chuckled as she felt a pair of hands around her neck, Shawn kissed her cheek and looked at his mom who was waiting for an answer. "We are, mum." He replied.

"Oh my." She gasped. "Is it serious, like—" She started trying to find the right words.

Phoebe escaped from Shawn's arms and, hugged her tightly. "Karen." She giggled seeing Shawn's mom all flustered.

Karen wrapped her arms around her, squeezing her softly. "I'm just really happy." She admitted.

"I love you mum." Shawn spoke, kissing her cheek. "We are going to see the others."

Karen hummed. "Yeah, go ahead. I'll join you."

Shawn and Phoebe walked to the living room, they could hear Scott yelling on Aaliyah because they lost against Manny and Jake, making them crack a huge smile.

"I can't believe we are about to say it to my family." He said. "Just like before."

"You won't have a third chance, Mendes." She arched an eyebrow, making him nod. She grabbed his hand, ready to say it out loud. "Hi Scott and Liyah."

"Is this my favorite person talking?" Scott said not turning around. "Shawn are you here man?"

"Yeah." Replied Shawn.

"Is it Phoebe?" He queried, focusing on the screen. "Man, could you please answer!"

Shawn smacked the back of his head. "Turn around to find out, it's my new girlfriend," Shawn smirked.

Phoebe was giggling silently. "I swear to god if this is not Phoebe I'm going to kill— Phoebe!" He exclaimed seeing her. "Wow, I missed you."

Shawn sighed. "I'm really starting to wonder if I'm really part of the family..." Manny rolled his eyes, hugging his son. "Thanks for showing love, dad."

"Welcome, son." Said Manny, patting his shoulder.

Aaliyah, soon, hugged Shawn and Phoebe. Phoebe sat down next to Scott and, watched him play.

"So, why are you here?" Asked Jake to both of them.

"Well..." Phoebe started. "We wanted to tell you kinda important."

Scott laughed. "You guys are together." He talked. "It was obvious."

"How?" Asked Shawn, frowning. "We told anyone..."

Scott shrugged. "Your insta posts plus, I heard you talking to mum."

Phoebe slapped his arm. "You literally just ruined the surprise!" She exclaimed making everyone laugh.

"I'm sorry!" He yelled as everyone kept laughing.

Phoebe checked on her boyfriend behind her, he sent her a cheeky smile leaning down and kissed her lips softly. He pulled away aware that people were around.

"I love you" He mouthed.

Phoebe blushed rolling her eyes, and, turned her head towards the Mendes' family. Her laughs resonated through Shawn's body as he smiled widely.

He felt like it was the good timing for us, she was way happier than before and Shawn noticed that he also noticed that he was one of the reasons.

"Alright, alright! She said the truth!" Exclaimed Jake. "Pheebs, when did you lose your virginity?"

Shawn gasped, sending a stern stare at his little brother. "You don't have to answer that babe." Said Shawn while checking if Aaliyah was around.

Phoebe chuckled. "I'll be fine, they're big boys right?" They both nodded. "Plus, it's a game so yeah. Um... I lost mine at sixteen." She replied.

"Damn, just like Shawn!" Exclaimed Scott, laughing.

Shawn's cheeks turned red-pink as he hid his face, too embarrassed. Phoebe laughed, shaking her head and kissing Shawn's nose.

"You don't have to hide, big boy." She stated as he hummed. "I mean, I don't care."

"I know... It's just— I don't know." He cleared his throat.

Karen walked in with multiple glasses and a bottle of wine, she set everything down on the table then looked at us with a huge smile.

"To Shawn and Pheebs." She smiled.

Shawn's arm circled my petite taille, and, kissed my temple before raising his glass in the air.

"To us." He whispered in my ear as everyone cheered.

I know I take a lot of time to update and I'm sorry about that!

I hope you still like it!!

Don't forget to vote and comment x