viii. hit

—

Phoebe fixed her skirt as she walked into the lift. She was exhausted but didn't want to go home, she just wanted to stay away from Vince.

"Wait!" Someone yelled as she quickly pushed the button and watched the door opening again. "Thanks, Phoebe. Right?"

"Yeah." She smiled softly, at the young man. "You're Jaime, eh?"

He chuckled and affirmed. "You pronounce my name really well." He laughed softly. "But, yeah that's me!"

She extended her hand so, he could shake it. "Nice to meet you. Sorry to only meet you now."

"That's okay." He laughed. "You were busy but, everyone talks about you at the office. You're famous!" He exclaimed before, the door opened.

They both go out and started to walk. "I guess, this is where I say goodbye." Joked Jaime. "But, do you want to have lunch with me?"

She hummed softly. "Sure." She answered, making him smile. "See you later!"

He walked away as Phoebe watched him. He looked really nice, she definitely didn't except him to be so kind towards her. She slowly made her way to her office and sat in her chair, thinking for a minute, then, her eyes derived on the files as she let out a tired sigh.

She really thought Vince could change, she believed him, when he apologized a week ago, but, things started to go down two days after. He came back home drunk and, started to get mad at her for anything. He loved her, he really did.

"Phoebs?" Someone snapped their fingers at her face, making her look up. "Sorry to bother but, I need your help."

Phoebe nodded. "For?" She queried delicately.

"The new guy, Jame." Sighed Steve.

Phoebe laughed and stood up. "Steve, it's Jaime not Jame. Let me teach him for the day, okay?"

Steve let out a happy squeal. "Please! I can't concentrate with him next to him."

"Well, you are supposed to do it anyway but, bring him to me." She replied as he thanked her and left the office.

A few minutes later, Steve came back with Jaime next to him and dropped him in front of Phoebe's door.

"Steve! Why are you leaving me here?" Yelled Jaime, clearly lost.

Phoebe opened the door, making him turn around and gulp. "Hey, Jaime. I heard that you were disturbing Steve?"

Jaime sighed. "That's not true! He just don't want to fucking explain."