iii. one night stand

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

phoebe threw a legging and headed downstairs, surprisingly only shawn's mom was up.

once she saw phoebe, she smiled. "hey phoebs." she told her smiling

phoebe smiled. "morning karen." she grabbed an apple and bit it. "how are you?" she asked

"i'm good, how did you sleep with brian?" she asked with a little laugh.

phoebe rolled her eyes. "very bad, he moves a lot." she told karen, karen nodded

"i know, shawn used to be so scared when he was coming home." she said phoebe making her laugh.

"yeah i know, he told me." she told his mom, karen's eyes grew wider

"he did? he never told anyone." she said lightly surprised.

phoebe shrugged and ignored karen's stare. "he must had told heather." she said.

karen shook her head standing there in the middle of the kitchen, her eyes on the girl who was completely blind about shawn.

phoebe sighed and turned her body towards karen. "how do you feel about the fact that your son is getting married soon?" she asked

karen sighed and flashed a sad smile. "i'm happy but i think that he's marrying the wrong person." she told truthfully

"wow, really? but, why don't you tell him?" she asked

karen chuckled. "oh sweetie, shawn is stubborn. i told him many times but he just won't listen to me." she replied. "he just needs to meet the right person so he can understand that heather isn't the one."

phoebe was not shook about karen's confession, it looked like not a lot of people liked her and she totally got it why. heather was the type of people who liked to think that she was above everyone, that she could everything she wants cause she is hot well that did not work like that.

karen smiled at the lost girl. "you know, actually i more spoke to you in thirty minutes than heather in three years." phoebe gasped.

"what? but, three years?" she exclaimed

"yeah, heather never came to any family's dinner or shit like that." karen giggled at her language and carried on. "the only time we saw her was on last christmas, shawn invited us over." she shrugged

phoebe was going to talk but been interrupted with a groan, she looked behind her and saw shawn walking shirtless, he smirked at her and made his way to karen.

"hey mum." he told her hugging her. "what you girls were talking about that?" he asked

"your fiancée." answered karen, shawn glared at his mom before sighing. "what? i am honest."

shawn rolled his eyes and waited for his mom to wait and sat next to me. "did you really talk about heather?" he asked to phoebe

phoebe nodded. "we did, yeah." she answered. "but i think you already know what your mum thinks."

shawn agreed and started to eat. "i do and sometimes i really think she's right and sometimes i do not think that." he told the girl.

karen walked back in the kitchen and smiled widely. "phoebe, sweetheart, could you go to the grocery store, please?" she asked with a cute smile

"of course, give me the list and i will." she told her.

shawn just watched the two women in awe, his mom never talked sweetly to any girls shawn brought home. she was always cold and mean, that was why most of the time the girls left before the dessert.

"i will come with you." he told her guessing she did not know the city.

"you don't have to." she told him.

he smiled. "do you know the city?" he asked

phoebe rolled her eyes. "well, i'm canadian but anyways if you want to come, be ready in ten." she told him before leaving the table.

[]

shawn parked the car in front of the grocery store and got out, phoebe followed him as they walked in.

"so, how did you fall in love with heather?" asked phoebe

shawn gulped. "um, we met at a party and hooked up." he told her embarrassed. "and, she left her number for me so i called her back and we got together." he told her.

phoebe was a little taken back by the way they met but did not say anything instead she nodded and bit her lower lip. phoebe already had one night stands but she never called them back because that was why they were called one night stands, it was supposed to be a night without emotional commitment or future involvement.

shawn stared at her. "come on, tell me what you think." he said. "you are the second person i told this."

phoebe turned her head towards him. "what i think? i do not understand why you called her back because this type of people are called one night stands and for a good reason, they're not supposed to be your forever." she said a bit lost

shawn laughed quietly. "i know, honestly i ask myself the same damn question." he whispered, they were now in front of the car.

phoebe bit her bottom lip as Shawn's breath quickened. They both got into the car and Shawn went back home.

i really like what i'm doing with this
story!! and i hope you do too