xi. by her side

—

Phoebe's eyes opened after what seemed an eternity. She quickly noticed that an arm was wrapped around, she recognized Shawn's tattoo. Did he really come?

"Morning..." Shawn whispered softly, as, she looked up. "How are you feeling?"

She bit her lower lip. "Can you just hold me?" She queried, earning a hum from Shawn. He wrapped his two arms around her while she snuggled against him. just like before. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me." He answered. "I would do anything for you Phoebe. Anything." He talked kissing her head. "Could you tell me what happened?"

She nodded, still holding him. "Don't get mad and promise to not do anything." She murmured. "Vince was...violent with me, when he was talking but last night, he hit me and chocked me." She shivered as Shawn held her closer.

"I fucking knew it!" Shawn shouted. "Brian didn't believe me. I knew that something was off and you keep saying that you were happy and okay." Shawn spoke. "That Vince is a piece of shit."

"I know." Answered Phoebe. "Can we go downstairs? I'm kind of hungry."

Shawn chuckled and kissed her forehead. "Of course, always hungry." Phoebe cracked a smile before standing up and stretched. "Come here."

She made her way back to Shawn as he grabbed his hoodie, she put her arms in the air while he donned her his sweatshirt, she thanked him and walked to the door.

"Did you plan on leaving without me?" He teased as she giggled, waiting for him. "Can I grab your hand? Or is it too much?"

Phoebe smiled and took his hand in hers. "Here. Now let's go downstairs."

They both walked downstairs, hand in hand. They were soon greeted by Shawn's family. They all looked Phoebe with big eyes and all stood up.

"Phoebs?" Queried Jake as he walked closer. "Is that you?" Phoebe nodded. "Oh my— It feels so good to see you! Give me a hug!"

Phoebe laughed loudly before wrapping her arms around him, Jake had been amazing with her when he learnt the news about the baby and the breakup.

Scott pushed Jake away before taking her in his arms. "Wow, I missed you." He talked kissing her forehead multiple times.

"Alright! Scott go away! My time now!" Yelled Aaliyah making everyone laugh. "Mum! Tell him to move."

Karen sighed. "Scottie, let your sister hugs Phoebe."

Scott let out a groan before kissing Phoebe's cheek and going back to his seat, Aaliyah squealed before hugging the woman tightly. Phoebe's arms tightened around the teenager, as some tears fell down.

"Alright girls! Time to eat." Shawn exclaimed, gently grabbing Phoebe's waist and sitting her down next to him. "A-are you crying?" He asked

"I'm just happy." She replied before eating her breakfast. "Thank you everyone." She said. "I love you all very much."