iv. lonely

—

As soon as Vince passed the front door, a sigh of relief escaped her lips. He was gone for the day, and; she was free. A wide smile crept on her face, making her grab her phone and dialed Nina's number.

"Hello?" Her soft yet masculine voice answered.

She cleared her throat. "Hey, you must be Thomas. I'm Phoebe, I wanted to talk to Nina. Is she here?" She queried as she hummed.

"Yup, she is in bed." He replied. "Do you want to talk to her?" He added.

"Please." Phoebe smiled, even if he couldn't see her, he could still hear her smile in her voice. "Nina?"

She chuckled. "Morning, Phoebs." She talked sweetly, making her smile grow wider.

She bit my lower lip. "Okay, um, could we have a girl day? Vince is out and I really want to have a whole day with you."

She laughed. "You sound so cute but sure. Just need to get ready, and, I will meet you at Tim in fifteen?" She proposed as Phoebe accepted, right away. "All right, see you then."

"Yup." She answered before hanging up and getting ready.

Stepping out of her lobby, she noticed that there weren't many people out. A typical winter morning, it was cold, but the streets looked a lot of better without the crowds. She blew air in her hands, in attempts to warm them but failed, she kept them in the pockets of my jacket and walked to the coffee shop.

The bell rang, making people turn their heads towards the young woman walking in the coffee. She walked to the front, waiting for someone to take her order.

"Hello, Miss Clark." Said Leo. "Same order?" He queried.

She nodded shyly. "Yes." She giggled.

Leo was working here since she moved back to Toronto, and, she was used to seeing him almost every day. They would sometimes talk but they never really became friends, even if he knew a lot
more than anyone she knew.

"Can you make two orders?" She asked before he left.

He offered a sweet smile. "Of course, M'lady."

She giggled and bit her lower lip. Deep inside, she always knew his crush for her, but, she tried nothing to lead him on. A few minutes later, Leo came back with her orders, she thanked him and went outside for a little.

"Hola, Marco." She spoke, making Marco lookup. "For you." She stretches her arm, offering him the second order.

His eyes lighted up as he grabbed the bag. "My angel came to me, today." He laughed along with her. "How are you today?"

She shrugged. "Fine, what about you? Not cold?" She questioned.

He shook his head. "I've been like this for a while, now. Cold isn't hard to bear." He told her truthfully.