xiii. making memories

—

The woman stretched and let out a yawn, she turned around meeting Shawn's sleepy face, his lips were slightly parted, his cheeks were rosy making him look really good.

She scooted closer, wrapping her arms around him and rested her head on his chest. His heartbeats were peaceful, she could fall asleep listening to it.

Phoebe was at Shawn's old house for almost a week now, and, weirdly she felt incredibly good here. She felt part of the family. Karen and Manny treated her like their daughter, while Shawn's siblings acted like she was their sister. Phoebe couldn't help but feel grateful for Shawn, even after what happened back a few years ago. He was always here for her, no matter what.

"What are you staring at?" Shawn raspy voice echoed through her ears, as she snapped out of her thought. "Mmh?"

She giggled, while Shawn wrapped strongly his arms around her. "You." She replied.

"Me?" He teased, kissing her forehead. "I'm flattered, Phoebs."

She hit his chest with the palm of her hand. "Shut up, silly."

They both giggled before stopping and stared at each other. Shawn's hand slowly went up on her cheek, and, caressed it gently. He moved his face closer to hers and laid a peck on her nose, then her cheeks and pulled away.

"I love you." He spoke.

She smiled widely. "You're crazy about me, eh?"

He scoffed before cracking a smile. "You know I am..." He whispered. "So crazy. You have no idea." He added.

"Then show me. Show me you're crazy about me, show me I'm the only one for you, show me that I care." She answered back.

Shawn opened his mouth but, closed it just the time to think. "Lets go to New York for a few days. Just you and me."

She bit her lower lip. "New York? Why?"

"Cause...you always dreamt of going to New York and, today your dream is happening." He replied, making her smile widely. "Don't hesitate, babe. I know you would love to go to museums, karaoke bars and...I would love to kiss at the top of the Empire State Building."

"Kiss me?" She raised an eyebrow.

Shawn nodded and licked his lips. "Yeah, kiss you." He spoke lowly. "Go get ready, I will book the tickets."

Phoebe hummed and went in the bathroom. She thought a moment then sat on the toilet, it was happening, Shawn was about to give his heart out to show her that he wanted her.

"Ready, phoebs?" Shawn knocked at the door

"Uh, yeah." She replied, walking out of the bathroom. "So, first we are going to the Empire State Building alright?" She beamed, wrapping her arms around him.