xviii. trust me

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚two years later

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
two years later

"Shawn?" She asked through the phone as her boyfriend hummed. "Where are you? It's late and— I'm worried. You said you were going to be home early." She rambled.

Shawn sighed. "Sorry, I didn't send you a text but they made me work a little more." He told her.

She scoffed at his answer. "A little more? You end work at six and it's already nine!" She exclaimed. 

He groaned. "I'm coming home in a few, Phoebs." He answered her.

Phoebe hummed and hung up not bothering to answer him. Since a week or two, Shawn was coming late or left the house without telling her then he would make up something so she would believe him.

Phoebe soon heard knocks on the door. She frowned to herself thinking that she let the door unlocked so Shawn could come easier. She opened the door revealing Brian and not who she thought.

"Hey Bri, what are you doing here?" She asked him putting a fake smile on her face.

He frowned. "I came to see him because he told me that he was going home sooner."

Phoebe scratched the back of his neck. "Well, he just told me that he was still at his work." She mumbled.

Brian's lips formed a thin line. "But, he wasn't. Listen, call me if there is a problem okay?" The red head told her hugging her tiny body.

"Thanks Brian, love you." She answered.

Brian sent her a soft smile and walked out as she closed the door and collapsed on the bed. Few hours later, she felt a pair of arms hugging her waist, she turned around seeing her tired boyfriend.

"Hey." He mumbled in her neck. "You okay?"

"Where were you?" She whispered turned around again, too scared to meet his eyes.

"Work, why?" He asked circling his arms strongly around her.

She gulped. "You're lying, Shawn. You weren't at work like you told me." She whispered. "Brian came earlier and asked for you and me, being the fool I was, I said that you were at work because I fucking trust you!" She said sitting up. "And guess what? He answered that you weren't at work and that you told him that you would come earlier." She added trying to not explode right in front of him.

She felt Shawn sat up. "I— "

She shook her head and turned around, meeting his tired eyes, he gulped as he watched her tearing up. He tried to come closer but she backed away as soon as his hand came in contact with her skin.

"You fucking promised, Shawn! You said that you weren't going to let me down but you did!" She yelled. "I fucking love you. What did I do to you?" She asked

Shawn shook his head. "You did nothing, baby. Trust me, I'm going to tell you everything okay?" He talked softly, quickly drying his tears.

"Hurry up or I'm leaving." She spited.

He rubbed his face. "Okay. So, you know I love you so much and I wanted to do something so I hired a girl named Hailee and she is helping me."

"And you decided to cheat?" She exclaimed.

Shawn sighed. He was too tired to argue. "I'm not fucking cheating, Phoebe. I love you, alright?" He yelled to her. "But, you need to trust me about it okay?"

She shook her head. "I'm going to sleep on the couch, goodnight Shawn." She answered standing up.

She grabbed her pillow and phone then headed downstairs leaving him, alone. She sat on the couch trying to clear her mind, she picked up her phone and called the first person that came in her mind. Brian. She knew that it was Shawn's friend but it was also hers.

"Phoebe? Why the hell are you up so late?" He mumbled, he was clearly waking up.

"I'm sorry Brian, Just— I'm so lost, I don't know what to do." She spoke. "He told me that he was seeing her girl named, Hailee because he wanted to do something and she was helping him and he can't say anything." She chocked on her tears. "I don't understand, am I bad too him?"

Brian sighed. "You are good to him. You are the best thing that happened to Shawn, Phoebe, don't think the opposite. What do you think is it?"

She scoffed lightly. "He's fucking cheating. I'm asking so many questions to myself, this is horrible." She chuckled sadly. "Does he really love me?"

"He does. He loves you so much." He answered. "I wish, I could hug you right now." He groaned.

"This is so frustrating. We are together for two years soon three and I don't know, this is the first time that I'm doubting about our relation." She told him.

She could see Brian frowning. "Just wait a few, it's maybe a good surprise, Phoebe." He replied. "Now, go to sleep and try to feel better, okay? I will visit you tomorrow for lunch."

She hummed. "Alright, bye Brian. Again, I'm sorry, I know that you're Shawn's friend but you're also mine and you're the only one here for me." She told him touching her cheeks.

He laughed sadly. "Don't panic, Phoebe. I'm your friend." He answered. "Goodnight."

She cleared her throat. "Goodnight."

WOOOOOOOOO