vii. lunatic

—

Phoebe nervously played with her ring, eyeing Vince in front of her. He was drinking his tea while eating a cookie. Surprisingly, he took her to their favorite coffee, well it used to be, before he stopped taking her out and, started being a jerk.

He smiled softly. "You aren't hungry?" He queried, pointing at her muffin.

"Uh, yeah I am." She answered taking a bite. "I was just thinking."

He hummed. "Of?"

"What happened between yesterday and today afternoon?" She sarcastically said.

Vince cleared his throat, pushing his mug away. He went to reach Phoebe's hand but she pulled away. "Listen, I know I haven't been the best but, I swear I changed..." he started

She frowned. "In one night? Wow, you're fast."

"Baby—"

"Oh my god. You called me baby? Are you serious?" She let out a scoff. "You are not serious, tell me you're not."

"I am, I totally am." He started. "Did you notice that I spent all day at home? I didn't go out or anything. I'm sober." He continued. "You really don't see what I'm trying to say?"

"Sorry, Vince but I do not." She replied.

A sigh escaped his lips. "I was acting this way because I was drinking and smoking..." He explained. "And, I truly care for you. I would like another chance."

"Cause you think, you have the right to have another chance?" She asked, making him nod. "You shouldn't have another chance, you made me exhausted physically and mentally. Do you know how many nights I spent crying because, you were treating me like shit Vince? Uh? No you don't cause you were a fucking asshole." She inhaled.

As she let out everything, she quickly hid her mouth with the palm of her waiting for Vince's reaction. But, on the other side, it felt extremely good to say that out loud. She wanted to say it so bad to Nina, Brian, Shawn, Aaliyah or Poppy but she couldn't. Vince reached out for Phoebe's hand taking it in hers, rubbing the pad of his thumb in circles.

"I understand. I've been an asshole." He slowly whispered. "But, I'm whiling to change for you...To show you that I can a better person. I haven't been the best the past two months but, I was scared and totally in love with you."

She chocked on her muffin. "In love?" She breathed out.

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his neck. "You don't have to say it back, I truly understand if you're not in love with me...yet."

"Vince...My last relation didn't end good and I need a lot of time to trust you, especially, with what happened."

He let out a chuckle and hummed. He stood up stretching his hand so she could grab it. She lightly flinched as he took her hand again, and, started to walk with.

"So, you're holding my hand now?" She pointed out.

Vince let out a laugh and nodded. "Indeed am. I told you that that I was going to change." He murmured planting a soft kiss on her temple.

Phoebe nodded her head, really slowly, still trying to convince herself that he changed but, it seemed weird to change in a night. How could you be the worst guy ever and the next morning, you became the sweetest guy ever, ready to do anything for your girlfriend. We could say that he was lunatic.

"So, anything new at work?" Asked her boyfriend as they walked into the city.

Phoebe nodded, smiling a little. "Uh, yeah. A new guy came, his name is Jaime and apparently, everyone loves me there." She laughed. "And, I love it there. What about you?"

"Uh, yeah. I got fired actually." He mumbled as she gasped.

"But, when?" She questioned totally surprised.

He cleared his throat. "Two months ago..."

Phoebe stopped walking. "Okay but that is really fuc-"

"Phoebe?" She heard a familiar voice, making her turn around and let go of Vince's hand.

"Poppy! Brian!" She squealed. "It's good to see you guys!"

Brian wrapped his arms around her. "I missed you! We all missed you, even Shawn!" He said softly, making her smile widely. "Hi, man." He added, shaking Vince's hand.

"Hi." He replied fast. "Good to see you, bud and Poppy." He said giving a nod.

Poppy smiled. "Alright, see you soon Phoebe." She smiled, grabbing Brian's hand and walked away.

Vince waved at them then, took Phoeb's hand in hers. She jumped before relaxing, weirdly after a few hours, it seemed totally normal. Him taking her hand, kissing her cheek, smiling to her, laughing and all. It seemed normal and real.

"Who's Shawn?" Asked Vince, a little curious.

Phoebe coughed, before clearing her throat. "A friend of Brian that I met at a friend's wedding, a few years ago." She explained, lying about Shawn. "And we became good friend after, that's all."

"Oh okay, I thought he was an ex or shit like that." Laughed Vince, making Phoebe anxious.

What if he found out?

"No!" She shrugged off. "Stop being so silly." She joked, nudging him.

His arm wrapped around her shoulders as, he brought her closer leaving a sweet kiss on her cheek.

"I love you." He murmured. "And I'm so sorry." She offered him a smile and kissed his cheek in return.

MESSAGES FROM "SHAWN MENDES"

Shawn Mendes Hey! How are you? Miss you x

Shawn Mendes
Hey! How are you?
Miss you x

Phoebe Clark
What do you want, Shawn?

Shawn Mendes
Just asking how you feel
Like I said before, I still care about you.
Anyways, Brian told me that you were out
with Vince, today.

Phoebe Clark
I was. We shouldn't talk.
See you soon, Mendes

Shawn Mendes
Listen, Phoebs...why are you with him
if you still love me??
[deleted by Phoebe Clark]
This is ridiculous.
I love you.
[deleted by Phoebe Clark]

Phoebe Clark
And I love you.
[deleted by Phoebe Clark]
But, I'll see you soon, if I can.
Good night Shawn x

I took time to publish, I'm sorry but I'm back and in the mood to write and put them together again...I mean, I'll do my best x

Thank you for the love on that book. I'll be forever grateful. Thank you all. I love you all SO MUCH