xxv. lil champ

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Joy! Baby come back here!" Cooed Phoebe seeing her two years old walking everywhere.

Shawn chuckled from the couch next to her as he watched his baby girl running. "Joy, be careful love. You don't want to fall, eh?"

"Sorry daddy." She giggled collapsing into Shawn's arms. "I feel good today."

Shawn hummed pushing some of her hair away. "We can see that, baby." He kissed her forehead. "But don't run everywhere, I don't want to go to the hospital cause you hurt yourself."

She pouted. "I'm sorry, daddy."

Phoebe watched them as her heart melted, she could feel the tears coming. Joy looked at her mom as she frowned and crawled over her.

"Are you okay, mama?" She queried as Phoebe nodded. "But, why are you crying? Is he hurting you?" She pointed at the baby bump.

Phoebe dried her tears. "Mummy is just happy, okay?"

Joy's hand reached under Phoebe's eyes and dried her salty tears. "I don't like seeing you cry, mama." She whispered, ready to cry at any moment.

"Hey, hey don't cry baby. I'm happy, okay?" Said Phoebe.

Shawn chuckled seeing his girls getting emotional. "I think it's time to take a nap, right J?"

Joy yawned and nodded. "Yeah, I think too." She kissed her mom's cheek and belly. "Don't hurt mummy, alright?"

Phoebe and Shawn looked at her in awe as she ran into Shawn's arms. "Sleep well, love." Phoebe waved at her girl and watched them walking away.

She relaxed in the couch waiting for Shawn to come back. The couch collapsed alerting Phoebe that he was here. She opened her eyes meeting his face, hazel eyes and soft grin.

"Hey you." He murmured kissing her lips softly. "How are you?"

She smirked. "Perfect, the hormones are kicking hard today." She mumbled as he chuckled and kissed her again.

"I love you and I can't wait to meet him, my lil champ." He talked sweetly. His hands rubbing her bump. "I know that we had ups and downs during your first pregnancy but I promise to be here for us guys."

She smiled to him bringing his face closer to hers and kissed him in the softest way. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you more, Mrs Mendes." He winked as she laughed

She shook her head. "We're not even married."

Shawn shrugged. "But we are engaged for soon two years, what about we start to think of the wedding?" He proposed as she hummed.

She sat up correctly. "After that baby is born, you and I will get married. I will need to go to the gym so I can work on that body."

Shawn rolled his eyes. "You look amazing, pregnant or not." He kissed her cheek. "I want to get married in summer."

"We can do that." She replied. "We are all born in Summer or Spring and that boy is going to be a winter baby."

Shawn laughed along with her. "I know right, I can't wait to hold him."

"Me neither." She answered.

Phoebe's eyes shouted open because of the pain in her lower back bringing tears to her eyes. She started to cry hysterically as Shawn's eyes opened wide at her cries.

"Phoebs, you okay?" He queried holding her face in his hand.

"It hurts, it hurts so bad." She replied still crying. "Do something, Shawn please." She whimpered.

Shawn rushed over the lights and turned them on, their faces grew scared and confused at the sight of blood everywhere on Phoebe's side.

"What's happening?" She queried as Shawn gulped and ran his fingers through his hair.

He kneeled down and looked at her. "We are going to the hospital, okay babe?"

She nodded, her face wet, her hair messy. "The cramps are killing me, Shawn."

"I know, love. I know." He whispered holding her while walking to the car. "I love you, okay?"

Shawn reached the hospital in twenty minutes, Phoebe still in pain next to him. He helped her walking out of the car and to the front.

"Help! My pregnant girlfriend is in pain." Shawn yelled in the hospital as a nurse rushed over her.

Phoebe was taken away as Shawn had to stay in the waiting room. He was nervous. His girlfriend was passing multiple tests and he wasn't even by her side, he was never by her side.

The doctor came back after a few hours, he walked to Shawn and cleared his throat. "You can go see her, she needs you."

"What happened?" He queried. "Doc, is it bad?"

The doctor nodded leaving Shawn with a million of questions. Was she okay? Was she sick? Was the baby okay? He quickly walked to Phoebe's room, she was laying here, her face was blank and she was staring at the ceiling with tears in her eyes.

"Hey." Shawn went to her side. "Are you okay?"

Phoebe stayed here watching him, too scared to tell him. She knew him, he was going to react so badly. She dried her tears and shook her head.

"I'm not." She answered. "We lost the baby..." She told him quietly. "I did a miscarriage."

Shawn looked away and bit his lower lip. "How?"

She coughed. "The doctor said because of stress..." She replied.

"So you lost our baby?" His tone changed taking Phoebe by surprise.

She frowned. "It's not my fault, okay?" She told him. "It happens to every woman, Shawn."

Phoebe watched Shawn walking away from her. She needed him and again he walked away. The doctor came back hoping to see her boyfriend but he wasn't.

"Oh, where is he?" He queried.

Phoebe shrugged. "He left, we just need time alone." She replied as he left the room too.

She needed to forget and moved on but she had the feeling that it was not going to be so easy especially when Shawn wasn't by her side.