vi. cries & laughs

—

"Who's not good for who?" Queried the woman, walking into Brian's apartment with Poppy.

Brian quickly coughed as his girlfriend joined his side. "No one...We we—"

"We were talking about you and Vince. I think Vince is not good for you." He admitted.

Phoebe frowned. "Why do you think that?"

Poppy and Brian looked embarrassed as they slowly walked in Brian's room, leaving the two together.

Shawn let out a long sigh, inviting his ex-girlfriend to sit on the couch with him. She made his way to him and sat next to him.

"I just think that something is off. You look, so lost and scared." He spoke quietly. "Not yourself." He added.

Phoebe smiled a little and grabbed his hand. "I'm still the same me, I promise Shawn."

Shawn looked up as his eyes saddened. "Y-you just used to be so smiley and happy with me...but you're not with him." He stated. "Are you happy? I really need to know."

"I can't answer that." She spoke. "But, I guess I am." She told him.

Shawn sighed, squeezing her hand. "I miss you." He admitted.

Phoebe giggled. "And, I miss you too."

Shawn still looked so nervous and concerned. "Shawn, I promise, I'm okay." She reassured him.

Shawn's eyes became watery as he let the tears fall down. "I really care about you, I don't want you to be hurt."

Phoebe's heart ached, seeing him cry because of her. He looked so scared for her. He could feel that something was off and she hated the fact that, she had to lie, especially to him.

Phoebe's hands cupped his face and rubbed his cheeks, drying away his salty tears. "I know I hurt you but, I changed. You know it...I know you do" He softly cried. "Just come back to me, Phoebs." He begged, his body laying on the couch as his head was on her lap.

"Things aren't that easy, Shawn." She whispered, running her fingers through his hair. "I can't come back like that."

"Don't leave me again. I would do everything for you." He sweetly muttered, wrapping his two arms around her waist, his head towards her belly.

Phoebe let out a sad sigh. "I know you would."

Shawn closed his eyes. "I want to make you happy, Phoebe." He talked. "Did he touch you? Like the way I did."

Phoebe shook her head. "Never."

"I regret walking out of this room, three years ago." He let out a whimper. "I really regret it. I should have hugged you and stayed by your side. You needed me and I needed you."

His arms tightened around her as she let out a shaky sigh. "I love you so much." He whispered.

"I love you too, Shawn." She replied.

She still loved him. She still did.

Shawn stopped crying for a second and looked up. "What?"

She sobbed. "I love you, Shawn." She admitted. "But I can't come back, not right now."

Shawn whipped his tears. "B-but you love me, Phoebs." He breathed out. "Holy fuck, you love me."

Phoebe offered him a warm smile, her cheeks still wet. "I have a boyfriend and I can't leave like this."

Shawn exhaled, holding Phoebe tightly. "Don't go."

She wanted to hold him and stay here. She wanted to kiss him, and, tell him that she would stay by his side.

Seeing him cry was something she never excepted to see again. She hoped to see him cry because she would tell him that, she was pregnant or because he would hear the cries of his baby for the first time.

"I hate to see you cry, Shawn. Please calm down." She begged and let the pad of her thumb, drying his tears. "Please..."

"I-I just can't." He hiccuped. "Just hold me, please."

She held him tight, kissing his forehead multiple times. "I'm here." She uttered.

"Will you come back to me?" He queried. "Will you?"

She let out a sigh but didn't answer, Shawn's arms were still around her as his head was rested on her lap. Both of them in silent, eyes closed, enjoying the moment.

"Remember when we used to cook together and, you made me cut tomatoes." They laughed together, Shawn's face looking up. "I almost lost my thumb!" He exclaimed, making Phoebe laugh out loud. "I miss that."

Phoebe hummed, remembering those good moments. "Do you still do music?" She queried.

Shawn nodded his head, taking her free hand in his. "Yup." He replied. "And, you started guitar." He noticed, caressing her fingers.

"I did." She chuckled. "It's great." She added. "I feel like guitar is easier than Piano."

The Canadian hummed. "Right? It's way easier." He admitted. "I love Piano, I really do. I could spend my whole day sitting at the piano, with you by my side." He confessed.

"Piano was fun!" Agreed Phoebe. "Just us, our voices and wine." She gushed, making Shawn smile widely.

Phoebe knew she had to go back to Vince, soon. Even, if her heart didn't want to leave him. But, she was his and he was hers.

"I have to go." She murmured, stroking his hair.

Shawn sniffled, refusing to let her go. "Stay."

"I can't! Vince is waiting home." She talked through her cries. "He's going to get mad." She added.

Shawn sat up, letting her stand up. She grabbed her things and headed to the front door, Shawn still behind her. He grabbed her wrist and brought her closer, her nose inhaled his sweet perfume as her tiny arms wrapped around him. She could feel Shawn's tears on her hair, making him grab her tighter.

"I love you." He spoke softly, pulling away. "See you soon?"

She shrugged and kissed his cheek. "Maybe."

The broken woman walked out of the building, crying her balls out. She took a deep breath, getting ready to go back to him. But, she was now sure of something, she still loved Shawn.