07 | Sam Winchester

*-*

DEAN LOVED THREE THING—his brother, Sam, his car, Baby, and most importantly, pie

DEAN LOVED THREE THING—his brother, Sam, his car, Baby, and most importantly, pie. So whenever you were tasked with a supply run, you made sure to park Baby carefully, to grab a six pack of beer, and to get a slice of cherry pie, for Dean was your best friend after all. Only this time you had run into some problems along the way, and mistakingly forgot to grab the pie. It was too late to turn back around once you noticed, so you entered the motel room in a panic because aside from the pie, you happened to screw up one more thing as well!

"Sam," you cried, throwing the paper bags down on the table.

The sound of your trembling voice awoken him from his half-dazed state, his hand searching frantically for his gun. However, as he finally looked up at you, he stopped his search, and instead gave you a look of utter confusion. You didn't appear to look hurt or injured, but your face frowned in a worried expression. Something was bothering you—something bad.

"What's wrong," he asks softly, walking up to you with gentle steps.

You wring your hands nervously, resisting the urge to bite your nails. "I forgot the pie."

He tries so hard to stay serious, but in the end, his lips broke into a smirk, sarcasm pouring from every crevice of his face, until finally he just burst out in heavy laughter. Slapping him roughly on the arm, you glare at him with anger in your eyes.

"This is not funny, Sam," you hiss, "He's going to kill me!"

"Don't worry, babe," he continued to chuckle, his attention switching to the groceries, "I'll protect you."

You turn around, biting your lip nervously. "Sam, that's not all."

He looks back at you with narrowed eyes—wondering what exactly had happened during the fifteen minutes you were gone. Surely, you couldn't have caused that much damage. "What did you do?" You stare up at him, biting your lip even harder—so much so that you could almost taste blood.

"I may have banged up the impala while trying to avoid a deer."

"YOU WHAT," Dean yelled, his half-naked silhouette emerging from the steamy bathroom. He looked furious—wide eyed and lips pouted. Fearing for your life, you hid behind Sam, peeking over his shoulder innocently. Noting the murderous look in Dean's eyes, Sam jerks his head towards you.

"I can promise you a ten minute head start," he whispered, waiting for your reply, but you were already gone.

*-*