08 | Jack Kline x Reader

The Sunrise Never Looked So Good

Having Dean and Sam as your two older brothers was not always the easiest thing in the world. You fought like cats and dog most of the time, you got each other's nerves during the others and you disagreed on everything. Granted, you weren't the completely normal family that you saw on the Hallmark channel or read about in storybooks.

No, your family was different. A crazy, odd, mostly insane type of different. But, still in a way, good.

With that being said, you watched as your two ignorant brothers bickered endlessly in the front seat. For the past twenty minutes, Dean continued to rant and spit poison at your second oldest brother, while Sam tried his best to dodge every single low-blow Dean shot at him. You weren't sure when the fighting exactly started, but you definitely knew what the argument was about.

Jack.

The cute, innocent little Nephilim that managed to work his way into your heart.

Like Dean before you, you had your doubts about him. He was Satan's son after all. He was everything you were raised to hate. However, you were also your mother's daughter. You were brought up to not only kill every living monster out there in the world but also, to make sure your heart was still human.

You guess this was your cruses. You had a mind like your dad, but your heart was your mothers. You are just like Dean, whose mind was permanently running on one thought and one thought only; to hunt everything that's evil. But then again, you had a heart of gold, like Sam, which told him to have compassion when others didn't.

And there laid the problem. You were always stuck somewhere in the middle. Forced to become the peacemaker of the group whenever things went south and by the way things were unfolding in front of you, you knew you had to speak up fast.

Only you couldn't get a word in edgewise. Every time you think Dean is done with his rant, he comes up with a new ridiculous excuse, to which Sam replies with an even more laughable response.

Soon, you just give up the pointless endeavor and switch your focus over to Jack, who was sitting adjacent to you, his head hanging low as he listening to the men before him fighting. You frown a bit, the anger towards your brothers intensifying with each passing moment. Though you only met Jack a few weeks ago, your heart couldn't help but break for him. He was just a kid, even though he made have looked to be exactly your age, he was basically a grown toddler. Everything he came in contact with was him discovering it for the first time. Yelling and vulnerable emotions being one of them. And from the looks of it, Jack was completely confused as to what he should have been feeling in the moment. From what you could see from your advantage point, was a confused yet fearful human being. His eyes glossed over as a mixture of complex feelings pooled at the bottom of his blue eyes. His body shakes slightly as he continued to fix his gaze on the ground. His hand laid effortlessly by his side and mess of hair dangled blocking most of your view of his face.

It didn't take a genius to know that he was scared. Maybe even a little lost.

It was weird that an emotion as simple as vulnerability or confusion or even fear was something humans had always taken for granted. These emotions come so naturally to us, that we just know how to handle them in an appropriate way. Jack, on the other hand, had no such luck or nature. He was new; completely fresh to the world, making him powerless against the situation unraveling before him.

He was easily caught between a rock and hard place.

But, why? Why couldn't Dean see that?

You would never truly know because you were either too afraid of the answer or too unwilling to expect the that Dean, undoubtedly the strongest between your two brothers, was actually a complete and utter wreck on the inside.