17 | Dean W. x Daughter!Reader *Sequel to The Monster In The Next Room*

I should be studying right now... Oh well!

This is the second part to Sam x Niece!Reader!

Warning: You may cry... Cause I certainly did... 😭

Enjoy! ☺️

*-*

The Angel In His Heart

Of the all the good memories her father had blessed her with, the one that always came to mind first was the calk stained sidewalks that laid in front of the Roadway Inn. The motel always looked to be in complete ruin. The brick structure was cracking beneath its concrete base and exterior walls were slowly being consumed by tree vines that snaked up the sides. The gravel parking lot was laced with sharp rocks, which continuously made playing outside difficult; however, Y/N managed to entertain herself on the old, rusty swing set that was in the small grassy area near the front lobby.

Unfortunately, the inside was no better. Each room smelled of the rotting carpet and musty furniture. The curtains presented a murky brown that matched the bed sheet. To this day she still couldn't tell if they were made to be that color, or they just hadn't been washed regularly by the staff. The worst was the creaky air conditioner that roared in the middle of the night. It would always spook her from her sleep causing her to soon suffer from a night of continuous nightmares. She never once got a good night's rest in that dinky motel, but something about it made her heart swell with tremendous joy.

It was true. The motel had seen better days. However, it wasn't the nasty rooms nor the horrible room service that captured her fancy.

It was the sidewalk.

The one right by the hotel parking lot was painted in mostly purple calk; her absolute favorite color. The other ten percent was a tribute to her father. It was stained green; a color that reminded her of his eyes. Shapes, typically butterflies, covered the concrete. Beside them were her and her father initials, marking their place on the earth, until, at last, the rain washed it all away, only for it to be decorated in a completely different way the next time Y/N came around.

She loved drawing on that sidewalk, but what she looked forward to, even more, was her father's biking lessons.

Though the hotel was pretty much dead, even in the high of the tourist season, there were still bikes for rent in the main lobby. The manager would rent them for an expenses price. His ugly, wrinkled face grinning with greed whenever he knew he had just screwed someone over. Her father, however, took the blow with a smile, paying the man's price with no regret. If it made his little girl happy, he was willing to spare any expense.

Of course, she made sure that he picked the purple one. The one hidden in the back, with the sparkly pink streamers on the handles. Her eyes sparkled when she saw it. Amazed at its beauty, even though, it had its dents and weird quirks. The front tire was tightened to the left, making it hard to steer right. The brakes were also an issue, in the fact that, there were no brakes. She bumped into everyone and everything, but that didn't stop for from getting back up and continuing on her journey.

She would never forget the first time she had rode it without the help of the training wheels.

Her father stood by her, holding onto the seat for dear life. He was even more nervous then she was. She could tell by the way his hands gripped her side. He didn't want to let her go, even if it was just down the road, where her uncle stood waiting to catch her.