21 | Jack Kline x Reader

I don't normally do fluffy stuff, because I'm usually not very good at it. But, this idea came to me out of nowhere and I just had to share it with ya'll!

I hope you enjoy it!

*-*

Sleepless

"Y/N," a soft whisper calls out, disturbing the stillness of the room. Though the voice was very quiet, it was close enough to your ear that you were suddenly awakened from your peaceful slumber. "Y/N, are you awake?"

Moaning a little with annoyance, you dig yourself deeper into your covers trying desperately to keep your eyes closed. You wrap your arms around your pillow tighter, adjusting your head against its warmth in the hopes that you would automatically fall back to sleep before Jack could notice that you were awake. However, that dream quickly faded away when you felt Jack's grip on your waist loosen a bit. He could sense your body responding to his gentle touch as goosebumps traveled up and down your skin. He knew you had been reluctantly awakened by him, but he didn't feel as guilty as he did during previous nights. Instead, he grinned, pulling you close to him, so much so that you could practically feel his smile touching the back of your neck.

Although you begged for your body to fall limp again, you knew right then that any chance for more sleep was long gone. You could already feel your body awakening despite your stubbornness. Sighing, you unwillingly open your eyes, only to come face to face with your alarm clock. It takes a few minutes for your eyes to adjust to the new light, but once they do, you're not exactly the happiest person in the world when you realize it's two in the morning. As much as you loved Jack, you undoubtedly loved sleep more. Especially, when you only had an estimated two hours of shut-eye, which was not nearly enough for your liking.

"What, Jack," you finally answer with a groan. Closing your eyes again, you wait for his reply or sleep, whichever came first.

"Nothing, I just can't sleep," Jack mumbles, his warm breath tickling your neck. Even though you were pretty mad at the fact that he decided to wake you up in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason at all, you couldn't help but smirk at his sweet innocence.

"Have you tried," you ask sheepishly, your body growing tried again. To be perfectly honest, you were only half awake. Exhaustion was quick to rebound against you, making it hard to concentrate.

Jack notes the groggy tone in your voice indicating that you were very close to falling back to sleep. As much as he knew you needed your rest, he didn't want to be left in silence again. "Y/N," he whispers once more. This time it was a little louder, causing you to stir. Hearing you huff quietly to yourself, he waits patiently for your response.

"Please, Jack! It's two in the morning. Let me sleep," you whine, moving away from him slightly.

At this point, Jack knew he was being a bother to you. He could tell just by the way your body slipped from his, only to fall still again inches away. A hint of remorse builds in his chest at the loss of your touch. His heart was faintly guilty from making you angry, but at the same time, his resourcefulness was just as bad as yours. Snaking his arms around your waist, he pulls you into his chest again. He hears your groan of complaint but he ignores it, planting a small kiss against your neck knowing it's your most sensitive spot. It's his terrible effort to give you a proper apology, but as always you except it with a light giggle.

"I'm sorry, you can go back to sleep," he says, leaving a few more kissing against your soft skin.

You always knew Jack to be an affectionate boyfriend, however; tonight he seemed to be a little bit more loving than usual. It was wired, but who were you to complain? You barely got to spend enough time with him as it was. Especially, with brothers always lurking around. In fact, you two weren't even supposed to be sleeping in the same bed as each other. It was a rule. One that your brothers created, of course. But despite all the trouble he could get into, you always woke up engulfed in his warmth as he slept soundly beside you. The memories make you a little less grumpy, allowing you to snuggle back into him. He gives you a low chuckle knowing you were never that mad at him for too long.