020 | Nightmares

D E A N

He didn't like to emit it, but Dean suffered from a lot of nightmares during the night. He would never talk about them or acknowledge their existence. He would just shrug it off and continue his day like nothing happened. That was until one night it got really bad. You were laying on his chest listening to his heart mixed in with his light snores. You were close to drifting off into dreamland until the sounds of his loud whimpering woke you up. Suddenly, he starts jolting around in the bed mumbling your name in short and uneasy breaths. After you finally managed to wake him up, he threw his arms around you tightly. You hold him protective the rest of the night as he told you about his horrific dream. From that day forward, whenever he had a nightmare, he would always tell you about it and you would always comfort him by wrapping him in your arms.

S A M

Ever since you were a little kid you suffered from night terrors. As you grew, however, the nightmare became less and less frequent but that didn't mean they were ever gone permanently. Every month, you would have a really bad one, resulting in torn up bed sheets and broken lamps. Whenever this would happen, Sam was always be there to comfort you. He would gently wake you up before making you tea and cleaning up the mess you had left behind. After you finish your tea and the overall shock of nightmare was over, Sam would wrap you in his arm and stay with you until you drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

C A S T I E L

You and Castiel never needed sleep when you were angels, but when Cas losses his grace and becomes human, sleep is essential for his survival. During his time as a human, he would suffer from nightmares from time to time. At first, your curiosity took over and you wanted to know what a nightmare felt like, but after Castiel described them to you, you quickly started fearing them. So, whenever you saw Cas having a nightmare, you would quickly wake him up and cuddle with him, trying to make him forget about his pain. You quickly became his caretaker and protector, watching over him as he slept.

G A B R I E L

Nightmares were far and few in between, but when you did have them they were terrifying. It usually consisted of the same thing. Gabriel's gruesome death. You were always stuck in one place unable to move as the image of Gabriel's dead body flashes in front of you. By that point, the nightmare sends your body tossing and turning in bed. Gabriel awakens by the sudden movement and goes to stop you from hurting yourself. Once you wake up, Gabriel pulls your trembling body close to his chest whispering comforting words in your ear. After several hours, Gabriel is able to calm you down.

L U C I F E R

Sleep was always a very vulnerable place for Lucifer. It was filled with vicious memories and horrible endings. So whenever you feel Lucifer having a nightmare, you quickly warp your arm around his shaking body and pull him close to you. Just by your touch, Lucifer is able to calm down and fall into dreamless sleep.

B A L T H A Z A R

Nightmares were part of the job, especially after hunting as long as you have. That meant, you had nightmares almost every night. So much so that Balthazar could almost time when they were going to happen. You would usually shoot up out of bed screaming out his name in uneasy breaths. No matter where he was, he would always come running. Doing his best to comfort you.

A D A M

Adam had nightmares every so often, but they were never bad enough to wake him up. When they accrued, you would hear his mumbling speech and his uneven breaths. Instead of waking him up, you would grab his hand and kiss it letting him know that you were there to protect him. After a few minutes, you would see his eyelids rest again and the small snores echo out evenly.

C H A R L I E

You and Charlie never had any nightmare. You both slept peacefully hand in hand. Safe with each other!

C R O W L E Y

You were always scared to go to sleep because of the nightmare that would always follow. This called for a lot of sleepless nights. Luckily, Crowley would stay up with you all night making sure you were taken care of!