"Tae-"

Jungkook stopped himself from rolling out his name. He was sure Taehyung wouldn't appreciate it right now, maybe he'd never appreciate it from now on.

"Mr. Kim, please step back and calm down, I'll talk to Mr. Daehyun-"

Taehyung had abruptly turned around, and the younger swore that his eyes were burning with anger.

"You'll talk to him, huh? About what? Hmm? About how both of you got together to ruin my life? About your sick plan?"

Jungkook stepped away. How could he blame the entire thing on him? He had absolutely no role in this!

"Mr. Kim, I didn't d-"

"Save it. I'm done with you both. I'm done with everything. Goodbye."

With that, Taehyung walked away. If anyone had noticed the commotion, they didn't stop by or comment on it, and at this point, none of them cared if anyone noticed. Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung.

Long after Taehyung had left, Jungkook looked at Kim Daehyung. Their eyes met for a brief second before the older looked away.

Jungkook had wanted to run behind Taehyung, tell him that he was not responsible for this...but he knew Taehyung needed some time. He'd talk to him when he would calm down. Right now, he had to deal with Daehyung.

"Why?" Jungkook's voice came out as a hoarse whisper.

"What do you mean why? Wasn't it you who signed those papers first?"

"You know exactly what I'm saying. Why did you set us up? Why did you ruin your own son's life?? Do you not have a heart, you jerk!"

"I'd watch my tongue if I were you, Jungkook."

"To hell with you. To hell with the so called contract. Had I known it was a fucking marriage contract, I'd have never signed it!" You manipulated me and your son!"

"Well, I'm glad that you're smarter than you look. I was expecting that od have to explain my whole plan to you like some sort of a helpless toddler."

Jungkook was seething in anger. Was this man really so heartless? At that point, he felt his heart breaking. Not for himself, but for Taehyung.

He truly had no one in his life, his dad was a fucking leech, his friends...were busy with their lives even if they cared about Taehyung...

Jungkook felt himself tear up, knowing he could never help Taehyung out. After all this, he'd never trust the younger.

"What was your motive?! What the hell did you gain by this?! Ruining your son's life? Was that your only aim, you sorry ass of a father!"

Daehyung chuckled.

"Are you sure you aren't happy? You should be thanking me, afterall, you're in love with my son,"

Jungkook gulped.

"I'm not in love with him."

Daehyung smirked.

"You can't fool me. All this while, you keep reiterating that I've ruined my son's life. Not once did you mention about yourself. You care about him more than you care about yourself. If that's not love, then what is?"

Jungkook stared back at him.

"You're sick. Standing up for someone doesn't mean you love them. I'm just respecting our friendship."

"Sure. A few months back, he was your boss. You admit you're friends with him now. Soon enough, you'll also admit you love him."

"After whatever you've done, he wouldn't want me as his secretary, let alone friend. Thank you so much." Jungkook gritted his teeth