Chapter 43

Aedion

It's been sixteen years.

Sixteen long and tiring years since he watched his cousin leave the kingdom, filled with heartbreak and sorrow.

"How much longer?" He asked to no one in particular.

"I am sure she'll be swagging through those doors at any moment," the ghost leopard beside him stated.

"We should conduct a search for her," I told Lysandra.

"We know where she is, and she will come when she is ready," my wife told me.

"I miss her," I said at a whisper.

"We all do," Lysandra replied soothingly.

My head jolted towards the entrance doors of the throne room, two guards came storming into the room.

They both stopped to bow at me. It should be Aelin on this thrown, her they should be bowing to.

"What is it?" I wondered.

Joey

"Do you know where they came from?"

"Nope," the girl replied, "But I know they arrived on a boat."

"At which dock?" I inquired.

"Why are you asking all of these questions?" she wondered.

"Well Katherine-"

"Please call me Kate, everyone does," she said interrupting.

"Well Kate, I need to deliver an important message to them and I can't seem to find any information on where they went."

"Sorry, I don't know. They were so secretive and even if they did say anything it was so long ago that I can't remember it," Kate said sounding sincerely sorry.

"Well, thank you anyway," I replied.

"Anytime. It was a pleasure meeting you Joey, good bye," she said with a smile.

"Bye," I replied, and she closed the door to her home. Another lead that was a failure.

I sigh and go to the next address on my list.

The house was a nice size and well maintained. I raised my hand and knocked on the door.

It took only a few seconds before the door's handle turned and I could see into the home.

"Hello?" The man said in a questioning manor.

"Hello, are you Jake Calaventra?"

"Yes, Why?

"My name is Joey and I am trying to locate a few people that you may know."

"Who?"

"Dorian Havilliard, Irene Towers, Kale Westfall, and Manon Blackbeak," I said reciting the names.

"Oh...them," Jake said in thought.

"Who's there?" A female voice echoed through the house. Soon I was staring at a girl who looked to be in her thirties.

"Who are you?" She asked

"Joey."

"Well, I'm Samantha Calaventra," she said introducing herself to me.

"Joey is here to try and find out where Dorian, Manon, Irene and kale went," Jake explained to his wife.

Samantha's eye's widened in shock.