Chapter 35

Kate

"So here's the rules-" Celaena started, but the  was interrupted by Kale.

"Since when did you follow rules, let alone make them," he said astonished. Celaena gave him a glare that could kill.

"As I was saying, no one is allowed upstairs," she said slightly angry at Kale.

"Ok, I'm not in!" I yelled, probably louder than necessary.

"Not in!" Chorused through the room. 

"Damn it!" Samantha shouted annoyed, I smirked at her. She rolled her eyes in response.

"One, two, three..." Samantha started to say. Crap, I thought as I ran out of the room. My eyes scanned the room for any hiding spots. The best I could find was in the cupboard, which would never work. 

"Ready or not, here I come!" The girl in the living shouted like a five year old. Screw it, I thought and scrambled into the largest cupboard there was. Unfortunately hitting my head on the roof.

"Ow," I complained. 

A moment later the door opened and Samantha stood there looking at me.

"Try not making a noise next time," she suggested. I groaned and crawled out of the tight space. 

We walked out and Samantha checked every closet, curtain and small space that someone could hide in. Eventually she happened across Jake, hidden behind a couch. 

The rest soon followed and eventually we were all sitting in a circle.

"Well, Dorian. You were found last so it's your turn to be in," Samantha said to him. She got up from the ground and started to try and find a spot to hide. Dorian closed his eyes and everyone frantically left. 

I will not be first found. I know exactly how to make sure that doesn't happen. 

I will go upstairs. 

I glanced around to make sure no one was looking and quickly dashed up the staircase, trying to be silent on my feet. 

My blue eyes spotted a closet and I opened the door and hid myself. The door blocking out all light, to be honest it was kind of scary. 

A slight creek in the wall gave me a heart attack, so I decided to turn on the light. My hands scale the walls, searching for a switch. My fingers fumble across one and I flick it. 

Light is shown into the small room and a sigh of relief left my mouth. Though it was short lived when I turn and see...

My mouth opened and I screamed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Celaena

My ears pick up the sound of a scream...coming from upstairs. 

My body throws itself out of its hiding spot. My feet act before my mind as I ran up the stairs and look down the hallway. Kate was standing there, shock and fear evident in her expression. She slowly turned to me and started to run, sprinting past me. 

She can't leave, not after what she saw.

"Kate!" I called after her and ran in towards her. I caught up to her and grab her arm.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled, backing away from me.

"What's going on?" Dorian asked, coming outside to see what the commotion was about. The others following closely behind him.

"T-the closet," Kate stumbled, "it was covered in b-blood." Her mouth was trembling. Jake and Samantha looked at me in shock. The next thing I know is that I am being pushed against a wall harshly.

Golden eyes staring into mine. 

"Aelin!" The witch shouted, pure rage laced into her voice.

Quote: "For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first."