44 - Voicemail

Baby, i'm sorry i didnt mean for it to come out the way it did. you know how happy i'd be if we actually had a child. i'm going to miss you so much you wouldn't even understand, i just had a lot going on in my life at the moment which which made things complicated. anyways, uh i'll see you soon, okay? love you to go moon and back babygirl. bye.

I listen to the voicemail for the thousandth time. What does he mean he has a lot of things going on in his life? I think I would know.

Now, it's the next day. We actually are leaving later to go back to L.A.

I wipe my nose that is now red from all the crying I've been doing. Dad and Corbyn just think it's because I miss Jonah.

A knock at the door snaps me out of my thoughts. I slowly get up and go open the door.

"Your brother told my sister who told me you weren't your best. What happened?" Opal asks as she engulfed me in a tight embrace.

"He, I, we-" I started stuttering as I tried to find a way to get around the actual point of the story. I realized that I actually can't. "I might be pregnant."

Opal pulls back and gives me the widest smile.

"What? Are you sure?" Opal asked as she shut the door behind her and pulled me towards the bed.

"Well I'm not sure but Jonah says he, you know, inside me." I say wiping tears that's kept falling from my face.

"You aren't on birth control?" She asks and I shake my head. "Didn't you just finish your period? There's nothing to worry about because your period ended today."

"I have this condition that allows me to get pregnant more easily. I can't think of the scientific name right now but my eggs are more fertile." I sigh.

Opal nods as she registers this. "And your sure he wasn't wearing a condom?"

"Opal, I'm sure." I groan. "He just seemed so upset about the fact that I might be having his child." I say choking on my words. "I don't know what to do."

"You mean if you want the baby or not?" She asks and I slowly nod. "Well, you have three choices. Adoption, abortion or keeping the child."

"I'd want to keep my child alive." I said. "If Jonah's reaction were different I would tell him I actually wanted the child but I'm not so sure."

"Well, we have to wait." She sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"We have to wait. We aren't sure if your pregnant yet so we can't get worked up over it. In two weeks, you take a pregnancy test and we take it from there." Opal suggested. "But Nat, look on the bright side."

"There can't be a bright side of the father doesn't want the child." I roll my eyes as I flop backwards onto the bed.

"There is. Trust me he wants this child. Anyways, you could be the cool parents you know? And I could be the godmother and take care of her whenever you need." Opal laughs. I look up at her and a small smile breaks onto my lips.

"I'm not sure how well my dad will take that fact that he's going to be a grandfather." I say wiping my last tears.

"Or how Corbyn will when he finds out he's going to be an uncle." Opal laughs as she wraps her arms around me. "Honey, I know you might not be 100% ready, but you have the best support system. You and Jonah would be such great parents, I tell you." She says as she lightly squeezes my hand. Happy tears fall from my cheeks when I realize she's right. "And it was with someone you love, someone you know is going to take care of you and your baby."

***

"So how was Hawaii? It's a bummer Jonah has to leave so early." My dad sighs as we finally sit in our living room.

"Mhm." I nod in agreement.

"Ready for school tomorrow? You should probably think about heading to bed, it's 1 in the morning." My dad says as he looks at his watch.

"You're right." I yawn. "Goodnight." I say as I head up to my room.

To be honest, I was exhausted. I didn't get much sleep in Hawaii if we are going to be completely honest.

Between sneaking around with Jonah in the middle of the night to go to the beach or waking up super early just to watch the sunrise, didn't leave much time for me to sleep.

Just thinking about him makes me want to cry. But I need to calm down. You'll see him in a week and everything will be better.

I walk over to my bathroom and decide on taking a bath.

University letters came back while we were in Hawaii, but Jonah and I agreed to wait until we were together back home to open them.

I dip into the tub and immediately relax. I think back to the time I was on my period and Jonah ran a bath for me.

"Warm, or cold?" Jonah asked as he leant over the tub.

"Warm." I giggled. I sit in the bath as it fills up and Jonah watches me from the counter. "What?" I asks when I catch him staring.

"Imagine, when we're about to have our first child and I get to run baths for you." Jonah says with a smile.

"That's in a long time." I say.

"Well, I know that, but I'm willing to wait for it to happen. It's going to be so worth it." He says as he hops off the counter. He kneels behind the tub and runs my shoulders. "Time flies when you spend it with people you love."

He was right. It feels like it's been two weeks since we've been together but it's only six months.

Several minutes later, I finish up my bath and go to put my clothes on. I throw on one of my own hoodies and a pair of shorts. I switch the lights off and get in bed. I pull my phone out and listen to Jonah's voicemail before I fall asleep.

Baby, i'm sorry i didnt mean for it to come out the way it did. you know how happy i'd be if we actually had a child. i'm going to miss you so much you wouldn't even understand, i just had a lot going on in my life at the moment which which made things complicated. anyways, uh i'll see you soon, okay? love you to go moon and back babygirl. bye.

Before I know it my cheeks are wet and I'm smiling a sad smile. I miss him so much, just sad we had to leave each other on such a bad note.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N ; sweet and salty chapter .. or is it bittersweet ?? whatever anyways this is more of a filler for what's to come next you know ? anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment x

dedicated to ; people who love opal

comment ; where did jonah go?

vote ; to get jonah back