18 - Love is in the air

"It's finally Friday." I hum as I plop down onto my bed. I run a hand through my hair to free it from the ponytail it's been in all day. I stretch as I get off my bed and move to my window. I see Jonah helping his mom get groceries out of her car and I can't help but smile.

Jonah and Maddie have been buzzing around the school. Everyone has come up to me asking me how I felt about the two. I told them it didn't affect me but it does. I hate seeing Jonah with Maddie, or any girl for that fact, I just don't know why.

I stand at my window for a while before making my way to the bathroom. On my way, I grab my pj's. Yes, I change into my pj's pretty early because they are comfortable. As I stand at my bathroom mirror, I wipe my makeup off my face and tie my hair up into a loose, messy bun. I get into my pj's which are a dusty pink pair of shorts and a white tank top.

Before I walk back out of the bathroom, I get a notification. I look at my phone and see a notification from Daniel.

Daniel: hey love, can i come over & maybe spend the night? I miss u

Me: pls do! We can watch movies all night :)

Daniel: on my way <3

Me: <3

I put my phone down with a grin on my face. I decide to go downstairs to grab things for our movie night. I then realize I'm home alone. I check the time. 5:45. Did I really spend that long upstairs? It only felt like a few minutes. I decide to text my dad to ask where they are.

Me: hey where are you guys?

Dad: we are having dinner with the west's

Me: aww you didn't invite me :(

Dad: mary said not to, surprise :)

Me: its about the trip isnt it

Dad: SHHHHHHH!

I put my phone down and continue bringing things to my room. I don't think I would've went to the dinner anyways. I don't want to run into Jonah.

Soon enough, the doorbell rings.

I rush downstairs to open the door.

"Hi." I breathe as he hugs me.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asks as we pull away. He smiles down at me making his eyes glisten. "What's the plan?"

I start to pull him up the stairs as I tell him I planed to watch movie all night. "Sound good?" I ask as I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Perfect." He smiles as we reach my room. "You even got us snacks." He says smiling even wider. He leans down and pecks my cheek. He tosses his bag to the floor as he pulls away. He turns off the lights and I get onto the bed. I pull my laptop out as I feel his head make its way to my stomach. I pick out a halloween movie since halloween was tomorrow. Sadly, I wouldn't be participating in halloween this year. Too much effort.

"Don't fall asleep again." I mutter as I put the computer down so we both can see the movie.

"Don't worry." He said and I can feel him smile against my belly. I quickly pull out my phone and take a picture of his head on my stomach and arms wrapped around my torso. "Did you just take a picture?" He says as he lets out a chuckle.

"Yeah, I did." I answer slowly as I put my phone back down. He gently shakes his head and we continue watching the movie.

***

"Hey," I hear as am shaken. "Your sleeping." Daniel whisper.

I groan as I shrug him off me. "A few more minutes."

"I have to ask you something." He says as he tries to make me sit up.

"Say it." I say suddenly feeling more awake.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course." I smile as he lets out a sigh of relief.

"So, we're like official now?" He hums against my cheek as he pulls me into a warm embrace.

"I guess so." I smile back. "I'm still tired. What time is it?"

"It's about 10." He answers as we both slip into the covers. "Do you want to sleep?"

"Yeah." I yawn as I wrap my arms around his torso. "Goodnight." I whisper as he kisses the top of my head.

***

I wake up with a smile on my face. I rub my face as I look around my room. My smile only grows wider as I see Daniel sitting at the end of my bed.

"Someone woke up on the right side of the bed, hey?" He grins. "Are you hungry?" I nod as he stands up and walks over to me. "Let's get some breakfast?" He helped me stand up as he places a sweet kiss to my forehead. He hands me his hoodie and we walk out the door.

Dad and Corbyn are still sleeping as we slip out of the house. We get to the car and drive to a breakfast place.

"What color dress should I wear?" I ask as we both sit down in the booth.

"Let me think. I think a nice maroon would suit you." He smiles as he reaches for my hands. "Do you want to buy them today?" He asks as the waitress brings two coffees to us.

"Why not." I shrug.

Throughout the breakfast, I quietly thought to myself. Is this what dating feels like? I thought I would be fun, more exciting or is Daniel just boring? It doesn't feel any different that how we were two weeks ago. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hiii :) I don't rly dig this chapter .. more of a filler tbh 

do you ship Daniel & nat ?

vote & comment!

love you

Song of the Chapter: Boyfriend by Justin Bieber

Question of the Chapter: Are you single?