40 - Forever

After a long six hour flight, we finally arrived. Most of the plane ride, I was cuddled up next to Jonah who was fast asleep. We landed, got off the plane and went straight to our hotel. I was sharing a room with Corbyn and dad. It's currently 7 A.M and everyone decided to go on an early hike around the island except for me. I, who was inevitably tired, decided to stay back and nap.  I tied my hair up and went to my bed.

After finding the most comfortable position, someone knocked on the door. 

"Corbyn I swear if you forgot your room key." I grunted as I went to open the door. To my surprise, it was Jonah. He was wearing swim trousers and a white t-shirt. "Didn't you go with the others?" 

"No, I didn't. Do you want to nap?" He asked looking towards my bed.

"Please." I smile as I run to the bed as Jonah closes the door and follows me. "Are you even tired?" I asked him remembering he slept through the entire plane ride.

"Nope. I just want to lay beside you and hold you while you sleep." He admits and I blush. "It's been six months and I still manage to make you blush just by saying something sweet." He says as he lightly kisses my cheek. He chuckles when I don't answer and he pulls me close to him. 

"How awkward would it be if my dad and Corbyn were to walk in right now?" I ask as I play with Jonah's fingers that rest on my stomach.

"It's not like we're having sex or anything." He mumbles and I roll my eyes even if he can't see. We lay in a comfortable silence. "Babe?"

"Yeah?" I answered

 "You're good for me. My siblings realise it, my parents realise it, and I realise it." He says and I blush. "I never want to loose you. I can't loose you." He finishes and sighs. After a short silence, he speaks up. "Marry me." I tense. I quickly sit up and look at him.

"What?" I stutter. "Jonah, I love you. I really do love you, but-" I start and he cuts me off.

"Babe, I'm not saying now. I just don't want to be with anyone but you. I just, I want you to promise me we will stay together. Like fuck all the bullshit I just want you." He mumbles as he pulls me down to lay on him. He starts shifting as he reaches into his pocket. He pulls something out and puts it in front of my eyes. "Do you promise? Wait." He says getting out from under me leaving me seated on the bed as he stands in front of me. Slowly he starts to get down on one knee. "Natalia Tucker, I promise to love you and protect you forever. Please, let this promise ring hold the place of the engagement ring I'll give you when we are ready." He sighs and smiles at me.

"I promise to love you forever." I say as I smile the biggest smile ever that Jonah returns. He places the ring on my right rings finger. He kisses my knuckles and hugs me tight. "You really want to marry me, huh?" 

"I need to marry you." His muffled voice speaks softly.

***

After our promise to each other, we took a quick nap. When I woke up, I saw about 20 messages from my dad and Corbyn to meet them for breakfast at 10:30 which was in 10 minutes. I got up and changed into a swimsuit. Pulled shorts and a Hawaiian styled shirt over it. I stopped to admire my new ring. It was a real diamond on a silver band. It was simple but easily my most prized possession. I won't ever take it off. It fits perfectly.

"I'm guessing you like the ring?" A sleepy voice makes me jump. I turn and see Jonah rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he leaned on the door way.

"I love it." I smiled at him. "We have to go to breakfast with everyone hurry, you have 3 minutes."  

"I'm ready." He sighed and we walked out the door. We searched for the breakfast place and found it rather quickly. As we walked in, Jonah intertwined our fingers and pulled us to the table where both our families were sitting. 

"Hello!" Mary smiled at us as we sat down. I look around the table and I see Jonah's family, mine and Corbyn's girlfriend. I was seated between Jonah and Corbyn. 

Jonah and Corbyn made conversation most of the time while I made conversation with Liza. She is exactly like Opal. When we all finished eating, we all decided on heading to the beach but Jonah stopped everyone.

"Before we go, Nat has something she wants to share with you." He smiled widely as he held my hand under the table. I lifted my hand and everyone gasped. I looked over at my dad who's eyes were glowing with happiness. Mary shed some tears and Corbyn seemed happy about it.

"It's a promise ring." I smiled as I bit my lip.

"We are all so happy for you two." Mary said as she clapped her hands together. I blushed and looked at mine and Jonah's hands. I looked up at Jonah who was smiling at me. 

"I love you." He said as he kissed the back of my hand. We stayed for a while longer while everyone went to the beach. 

"Let's go to the beach now." I say as I finished eating. I got no response so I look over at Jonah who is focused on his phone. "Jonah." I whine.

"Yes baby?" He says as he raises an eyebrow but keeps his eyes on his phone. I roll my eyes and snatch his phone from his hand. "Babe." He groans as he rolls his head back.

"Let's go." I said as I kept his phone in the back pocket of my shorts. I  started walking away and Jonah caught up with me when I got close to the beach.

"Babe are you on your period or something?" Jonah asked with a laugh in his tone. "Because I wasn't allowed to use my phone last time you were." 

"Next week. Stop speaking so loudly about it." I shushed him.

"So are you?" He asked to confirm.

"No I just rather talk to you but it's fine if you don't want to talk to me." I sighed feeling tears brim in my eyes. Jonah seemed like he was processing information. 

"Babe wait here I have to find Opal." He mumbled as he left me standing in the sand. I waited for a very long time. Almost 10 minutes, but the beach isn't that long. I see him approach and I groan.

"Finally, you were gone for 10 minutes." I say and he smiles at me.

"Sorry." He grins and I roll my eyes and he grabs my hand and leads me into our building. 

"Aren't we going to the beach?" I asked slightly confused.

"No, we got to do something first." He says as he kisses the top of my head.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ; HELLO ! I feel like I have been gone forever :( but I'm back now! I have been sitting exams so I've been focusing on those for a bit but I only have one left so I have all the time in the world. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I personally really liked it, I think it was very sweet. Tell me your opinions I love hearing them <3

dedicated to ; you guys x

comment ; what did Jonah need from Opal ?

vote ; hehehe x