10 - Texts

Today is different.

I can feel it. I woke up approximately 2 hours before my alarm and felt as if I could run a mile. It was 4 in the morning on a Monday. What was wrong with me. I lay in my bed trying to force sleep to come back but it wouldn't. Soon, I hear the noise of a car. I go down the stairs quietly so I don't wake Corbyn and my dad. I look outside the window to see Daniel making his way over to my house.

"What the heck?" I thought to myself. How would he get it? I know he doesn't have the nerve to ring the bell. I hid beside the door to see what he was going to do. All of a sudden, my phone buzzed in my hand.

Daniel: open the front door

I was still kind of mad about what happened on our first 'date'. I mean, how would you feel if your date just dips?

Me: why?

Daniel: I feel bad, pls?

Me, giving in, I decided to open the door and get it over with. I see Daniel, as beautiful as ever. He has his backpack on his back and hold a separate bag. Now, onto what he was wearing. He wore gray joggers and a white shirt that showed his defined muscles. How can guys look so good in the simplest things. I snapped out of my daze when I felt Daniel's warm breath on my face.

"Hey, I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have left like that." He whispered into my ear. "Are you mad?" Me being speechless, I simply nodded as a blush spread across my cheeks. "I'm sorry, can you forgive me?" He said pulling me closer to him as he wrapped his arms around my body.

"Ok," I said. "It's ok." He pulled away slowly and smiled down at me. He leaned it and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, let's have a sleepover." He said walking into the house as I closed the door behind him. A sleepover? It made me think about Jonah, he asked me too. "Where's your room?" He asked looking around my house.

"Ok, what's in the bag?" I asked nodding towards the bag in his hand.

"My clothes." He said with a slight smile on his face.

***

Nothing happened. I thought he would try something, or we would stay up talking for hours but nope. He fell asleep as soon as he hit the pillow.

I finished taking my shower but he was still taking his. I changed into one of my new outfits that I had bought with Opal. As I was making my way down the stairs, I saw Daniel standing there with his head in the fridge.

"Hey," I spoke out to get him to turn around. He turned around and smiled and what he saw. He was wearing a pair of tight jeans and a white shirt that he had around his neck but not yet on his torso.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" He asked walking over towards me and running a hand through his damp hair. I nodded in response to his question. "Well I think we should go to school, because I just think we should." He said shrugging. He seemed weird, off I guess.

Halfway though the drive, my phone buzzed. Crap, I totally forgot to tell Jonah that Daniel was driving me.

Jonah: where the fuck are you

Me: sorry! Daniel drove me...

Once again, he left me on read. I rolled my eyes as Daniel parked in his spot. I hopped out a bit angry. Daniel did not even call me back.

***
I walk into history and take a seat at the very back of the room. I discreetly pop my earbuds in and waited for the class to blow by. Looking around, I see that Daniel is not here. I don't really care though, he is the most boring person to walk the face of the earth. The car ride? Silent. It's as if he is brain dead. But he's nice, charming and good looking. I can't help but let a light blush spread across my face. I guess I have mixed feelings about Daniel.