1 - Welcome Wagon

"Nat, come help us unload the truck." I could hear my dad call from outside. I slowly walk around the house I was standing in that I will soon start calling home. I decided that since my brother Corbyn was outside helping dad, I would pick a room.

I picked the room at the end of the hall which was the biggest one, coming with an on suite. I like my privacy.

This house had 5 rooms when we only needed 3. It also has a pool and a huge T.V room which I am not complaining about. My room had a nice view of the pool and our never-ending backyard.

"Nat! Hurry up, get your own boxes." I heard Corbyn yell up the stairs.

"Coming Cor," I replied.

I miss Montana, I thought to myself as I slowly walked out of the door to get help my brother and father unload our moving truck.

"The house looks pretty nice," I mumbled to my dad as I took one of the boxes for my room.

"Come on Nat, be more excited about this." My dad said shaking my shoulders.

"I just don't get why we had to move," I said letting out a long sigh.

"We needed a change in our lives. We weren't making any memories in Montana." He said putting a box down on the counter of our massive kitchen. "I also got a job offer here."

"I know," I said as Corbyn walked into the kitchen.

"Holy sh-snickerdoodles!" He said realizing his close mistake. Our dad hates it when we curse. I've gotten the habit of just not cursing. Unless absolutely necessary. "This house is amazing!"

"At least one of you is excited about this move." My dad said, obviously talking about me. I just rolled my eyes and took my boxes to my room.

My room came with a vanity, a mirror near the bed, and a bed frame and mattresses. It was a queen sized bed with a white brass bed frame. The first thing I did was look at my outfit in the mirror. My short wavy brown hair was tied in a messy bun on the top of my head. I had a pair of sweatpants and a sweater on, due to the fact that I was on a plane all day. I was tired.

I sat on the bed and looked around the room. I knew this was going to be the place I spent most of my days. I decided to put the unpacking to another day, as I pulled out my laptop and headphones. I found an outlet near my bed so I plugged my phone and laptop into it. Since school starts in 2 days, I better make the most of it, no?

I pulled up Netflix and started to binge my favorite show, The Vampire Diaries. I checked my phone two minutes into the show to see the time which was 3 p.m. Today is Saturday, there is nothing to do, plus, I can unpack tomorrow. I continue watching my show for another two hours until Corbyn bursts into my room.

"Dad has been calling you for the past five minutes, are you deaf?" He said coming to sit on my bed beside me. "Oh no, not this show again."

"Shut up Cor," I said shoving him lightly. Corbyn and I always got along, never had any fights. "What does dad want?" I asked pausing my show and pulling my earphones off.

"He wants you to take a shower, apparently the neighbors want to have some welcome dinner, so they invited us over." He said adjusting his position. "We have to be there at 6."

I checked my phone and saw that it was 5:42.

"Do I have to wear anything?" I asked him hoping I didn't need to dress up.

"I mean, I don't really want to see you naked, so yes." He said receiving an eye roll from me.

"You know what I mean Cor." I said