14 - Better Than Virtual Sleepovers

Jonah's P.O.V

A girl. I hear the voice of a girl. Very familiar voice in fact.

"Jonah?" She speaks. I groan in response, not really wanting to carry on with this talking thing. I felt my bed suddenly move. The girl had taken a seat. "Jonah." Once again, I groan. "Ok, since you won't answer me, I'm just going to ramble." She said letting out a sigh.

'Ok' I thought to myself not really caring. To be completely honest, I don't know why I'm mad. I don't have feelings for her, well, I can't have feeling for her. I'm a player. It's what I do. Other girls are fine with it, they just want one fuck and they are gone. I know Natalia is different. But Daniel is a player too. If I can't have her, he sure as hell can't.

"Are we cool? I miss hanging out with you, you were like my first friend, but now you just disappeared from the neighborhood." She said letting out a shaky sigh. "And, I'm not sure what it is I or anyone else did to make you mad but I, sorry." She said, her voice cracking. Was she crying? I heard a soft sniffle. Crap.

"Please don't cry, I'm not worth crying over." I mumbled into my pillow as I tried to sit up fixing my hair a bit. I finally looked at her for the first time in what felt like ages. Her nose was red as well as her eyes. The one thing that stood out to me though, my hoodie.

"Jonah, I just miss you!" She exclaims breaking out into tears, sobbing. Wiping her tears over and over again.

Should I? I hesitate first but slowly, my arms wrap around her and bring her close to me. She jumped into my arms  as she felt me pulling her towards me and I fell on my back onto the bed and she lay on top of me. Before I know it, I'm hugging her tightly, whispering 'I miss you too'.

We stayed in that position for a while, she cried, I comforted her.

"So your not mad?" She asked, her head buried in my chest. I shook my head before finally answering.

"No." It wasn't a total lie, but neither was it the complete truth. I felt her nod. She slowly pulled away from our unexpected but comfortable hug.

"I think, I'm gonna get going." She said wiping the tears from her face with the sleeves of the hoodie. God, she's beautiful.

I nodded in response and she quickly made her way to the door. "Bye Jonah." She said before stepping out and closing the door behind her. A small smile made its way to my lips as I watched her leave.

What am I doing. Sitting in my room, drinking and smoking. Fuck I need to get my life together.

Out of nowhere, I hear a car come to a stop in our cul-de-sac. That's odd. The other people that live here are 70 and above, or at least look it. They never leave their houses. I make my way to my window to take a look outside to see who it could be. And there her sat.

Daniel Grant.

He got out of his car and held his arms open for a running Natalia. She leaped into his arms and wrapped her legs around his waist. I felt a pain in my heart. That should be me. I also felt a dull pain in my hands to realize my fists were clenched. I close the curtain, not wanting to see more.

Natalia's P.O.V

I closed the door behind me as I walked out of Jonah's room. A small smiled made its way to my lips, I feel as if everything would end up alright. I walked down stairs and looked for Mary but she was nowhere in sight. I walked out of the house and saw a car pull up in front of I knew it was Daniel right away. I started running up to him as he got out of his car and held his arms open just waiting for me to leap into them. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.