29 - 1 AM

"What do I do Opal?!" I whisper yelled in need of help. 

"Do you believe what those boys told you?" She asked back placing her head on her hand.

"Yeah, kind of, no." I stammered. I don't know... do I trust them over Jonah? "No. I don't." 

"Okay, then don't do anything about it. You guys have too many issues for a couple that only just started dating." She says as she rolls her eyes. 

"Should I go speak to him?" I said biting on the inside of my lip.

"Yeah, go get him." Opal nudged me. 

Quickly, I hop out of my chair. I grab my phone out of my pocket to text him before lunch ends.

Me: hey, can we talk ?

Jo: meet me by my car.

I rush towards the parking lot and I spot him. I walk over quite quickly because it was cold. Weird, it's cold in LA.

"Hi," I manage to say. "Let me just say it, we are new at this relationship thing, well I am and I'm not sure how to act and I don't want us to end because I really like you, I hope you aren't mad at me for being selfish about this whole time apart thing because its not working for me and I hope it isn't working for you-" I was cut off by Jonah placing his lips on mine. 

"I'm not mad at you." Was all he said. He looked down at me with a smile as he caressed my cheeks. "I could never be. Even if I tried."

"I'm sorry." I muttered still feeling awfully selfish.

"It's fine." He assured me as he placed another gentle peck on my lips.

"Come over tonight?" I asked as he leaned against his car.

"Actually, I have something to do..." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. I let out a sigh and looked down at my feet. 

"Okay." I mumbled. 

"Are you upset?" He asked pulling me into him.

"No." I lied. I didn't want to ruin his plans.

"Don't lie to me." He said in a stern yet soft voice. "You know, I could come over but it would be really late. Like 2 AM late." I quickly pull away.

"Jonah. 2 AM? There's school tomorrow. What would you be doing out at 2 AM anyways?" I question. 

"You act like I give two shits about school." He says smoothly avoiding my question and pulling me back into him. "You'll see me beside you in the morning. I promise." He says sweetly as he kisses me on the forehead.

Before I could answer, we hear the faint sound of the bell ringing.

"We should get to class." I say as I once again pull away from Jonah. He quickly pulls me back before placing one last kiss on my lips. He grabbed me by the hand and we started to make our way towards the school.

*** 

"Fuck." I heard someone mumble. I look around to find some source of time. 1:25 AM. 

"Jonah?" I mumbled as I rub the tired from my eyes. "Do you want me to turn the light on?" 

"No!" He whisper yelled. "I don't want to wake you up." 

"Where were you?" I asked. "It's pretty freaking late."

"Don't worry about it." He mumbled. I heard more shuffling as I saw a shirt fly somewhere around the room. Soon after, I felt the bed dip beside me. "Sorry I woke you up." He said as he kissed my cheek. "It started to snow like crazy on my way here." 

"I have morning breath Jo." I said trying to push him away. 

"I don't care." He said. "If I wanna kiss you, I'll kiss you." 

"Well I'm tired and I don't want to kiss you." I said trying to turn my back on him.

"Aw babe don't be like that." He groaned as he flipped me back around to face him.

"Jonah, it's a school night and believe it or not, I would love to maintain my grades and 100% attendance and zero lates so please, let me sleep." I muttered getting kind of annoyed with him.

"Sorry, don't be mad at me please." He said as his playful mood completely left.

"How could I not be mad? My boyfriend is on some secret mission he won't tell me about and he returns home at 1 AM."

"I was with-" He started but I cut him off.

"And don't lie saying you were with Nathan or Carter because Opal and Nathan were on a date and when she went to Nathan's, Carter was there. So where were you actually?" I asked getting even more annoyed as I sat up.

"I told you, don't worry about it." He said again trying his best to put it off.

"Okay lets say I go out, I don't tell you where and I show up to your house at 1 AM. You would be mad wouldn't you?" I say as I cross my arms.

"Yeah I would, but it's not the same thing." He said shaking his head. He is unbelievable. 

"Alright I give up. I'm gonna sleep wake up and pretend you didn't come here at 1 AM." I mumbled as I threw myself back under the covers. 

Before I fell asleep I heard Jonah mutter something in my ear. 

"It's not that easy princess, I wish I could tell you but I don't want to drag you into my problems because shit gets messy. Just give me some time, I promise you will find out soon." He said before he kissed my cheek. "Goodnight." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ; you guys are literally amazing I have 5k+ reads on this story !11!!1111!!1!!!1!11 ily all so so so so much. 

dedicated to ; all my readers :)

comment ; you're pet peeves I'm curious

vote ; if you would like to 

if you see this, you rock hehe :)