Chapter 51: Birthday

"It is your grand birthday celebration..." He tries to reason out.

"It is more of showing off, really. I only know 10% of people from the guest list." I scoffed. "I just wish we could spend another birthday celebration, just the two of us. Maybe with the gang, I don't know." He smiled at me as he tucks stands of hair behind my ear.

"I promise you, we would have that kind of birthday celebration as soon as I get home." He hugged me tight and buried his face on my neck. "I won't have to leave the next time I get home. I promise you that." He faces me and kissed me again. He put his hand on my nape as he go for more.

"Go take a shower, ulan." I tease him after breaking another wonderful kiss. He is in disbelief on what I did but he stood up and shrugged.

"As you wish." He throws his necktie right on my lap and winked at me.

Goddamn, Rain.

-*-*-

I woke up to an empty bed and heard the shower running; he must be off for his flight anytime soon. I took my phone out of my purse and saw that it is already 4 in the morning. Yeah, he needs to leave soon. I grabbed his shirt that is lying on the floor and wore it. I kept sitting on the bed, staring blankly at the television that has been in mute. I grabbed the remote control and unmute it.

[In other news: Another wind turbine blew off. As seen in the footage, one of the blades has been broken and flew off. The authorities are yet to determine the cause and yet to discover how many casualties has resulted from this event. The Alt-Air Solutions is expected to give their statement later in the 12 noon.]

He must be so restless right now for enduring this.

Rain got out of the shower with towel wrapped a little down his waist as his other hand dry his hair. Okay, stop right there Sunny.

"Why are you up already?" He asks, grabbing his fresh briefs in the bed. It is noticeable how loose the towel is wrapped on his waist since his other hand is supporting it on letting it fall right before my eys.

"Eyes up here, princess." He lifted my face by holding my chin with his thumb and index finger.

"The bed felt cold." I awkwardly answer. "Can I at least send you to the airport?" I ask to shift our conversation.

"I was about to ask you that but I figured that you might want to rest or something..." He grabbed his shirt and pants and went to the dressing room to wear it.

"I'll be ready in 15."

I ran to the shower and cleaned myself as fast I could. I picked the spare fresh undies and wear it. I wore shorts and sneakers that in my best guess has been delivered last night too when I was in the shower. Instead of wearing my shirt, I stole one from his luggage and he easily caught me. He just smiled after giving me a little smack on my bum and I easily wore his button up shirt.

I called a service in which they provided right away. We sat on the back seat and we can't keep our hands away from each other. I thank heavens that the airport is an hour away from the hotel.

"Can you hold off your fights for now? I am always scared to death when you leave your house." His thumb goes its usual routine: gently rubbing a specific spot as our fingers are still intertwined. "I can always depend on other guys but still... at least lessen it more if you can't stop."