Chapter 31: Align

It is another day. Rain picked me up and I told Raven he can have the rest of the day. He drove my car and sat in silence. I shifted my body a little to the side as I try to sleep for a little more. I can't sleep because of what happened last night. His words kept pouring into my tired soul. I'm not sure if that's the end of the episode between him and Amber but I hope things would be just fine as it is.

I woke up when Rain tapped my shoulder a little.He just smiled and went out to open the door for me. I went out and as usual, he carried my bag. It was unusual to see no students in the hallways. I looked into my phone and I can see now why students are nowhere to be found; we're already fucking late. I heard him holding up his little giggle but I punched him in the shoulder. Our adviser wants me to see before the first period but now I'm damn late.

I almost bumped into my adviser who is going out from the faculty center and her arms crossed as her eyebrows turn into a frowning line. I deeply sighed as she turn her back on to me. I followed her as she started walking and we walked to her desk.

"Sunny, I have to be honest with you," Uh oh. "Your performance rating is too low than the usual. Is there anything bothering you?" She asks in calm voice. Her angry kind of disappointed aura earlier transformed into wary- kind of concerned look.

"I ah..."

"I can understand that knowing the truth about your family is really out of nowhere and a big twist in your life; that might not be the best way to describe it but I'm pretty concerned about you."

"M-May I know where am I lacking right now? Did my grades dropped?" Her head nodded in agreement. I forgot to check my portal about my grades and I'm pretty sure I had the least involvement in academic stuff right now. She showed me the printed copy of it and I am now in the 4th place in academic standing.

"Your academic standing is not my priority; it is just numbers anyways. I called you in because you're always lost in your own thoughts. The other teachers can see it too. It seems like you're solving hundreds of questions other than the actual lesson that they are giving you." Oh well, can I blame others for this?

"I... yeah, I have lots inside my head recently- business and stuff." I say as an excuse with a smile at the end.

"You didn't grew up like the rest of your classmates. They are molded to be just like their parents; politicians, businessmen, celebrities- just basically the next leaders of the future. I can only guess that your parents wants you a different life." She held my hand for a moment. I really hope my parents want that; we can only assume that since they are not explaining stuff to me. "I hope you can cope up with everything and as your adviser, I'm just here okay?" She flashed another warm smile.

"Thank you." I say to her genuinely. People like her are quite rare; I'm just so thankful she said the genuine thing I need to know. I just hope my parents would do the same.

-*-*-

It was lunch break and I just finished my small meal. The rest are still eating so I got up to grab another bottle of juice.

As I walk by, a familiar guy passed by. I saw a quick and flashy couple of images inside my head- he's in a bloody mess, we were running and I was with a guy rescuing him, a hospital or maybe a clinic, another arm wrapping on my body as I leave that guy with familiar face- and that stopped when I heard a bottle was dropped into the floor- it was the bottle I was holding.

I ran to him and quickly grabbed him the wrist. I can feel everyone looking at us. I can see on his eyes that he was taken back on what I just did. I can see how his sweat drop from his forehead and feel his heartbeat on his pulse since my fingers landed near it.