Chapter 49: Last

It is now the last day of our stay in the Rosewolfe. Overall, it wasn't exceptional. People tried to befriend me when they figured that I am a Cameron and some even tried to "court" me. It all went into a gambling game where all of them lose to me.

Alex is the most interesting thing that happened during the last four days. He was sick for two days and I only saw him yesterday. We interacted as classmates but that's it; nothing more, nothing less. I kept thinking on what he means last Monday. It drove me nuts: I literally flipped all of my belongings to find for whatever he is mentioning but I didn't find anything interesting or anything at all.

"Hey, why aren't you preparing for the quiz bee?" It was Jill who asked me after she puts a freshly bought ice chocolate on the table.

"I made an excuse to the director yesterday. Something between the lines of "I had too much opportunity so better give it to other student..." yeah that bites." I took a sip and it was too sweet for my taste but it's a waste if I'll not finish it anyways.

"So you must be pretty excited to see them play, right?" I only smiled at her as answer and perfectly good timing, Pat and Chasey just arrived so they had a little conversation.

"Hey, shall we greet them?" And they easily agreed on my proposal.

We went off with our drinks in hands. People are waiting at the main entrance as they wait for the students from the different schools which is normal, I get it: students from different school are really interesting.

It only took us short couple of minutes then they arrived. Ken walked on his own pace. Lance ran to Jill then got an awkward greeting. Girls started squealing for them. Of course they are well known: the team do a lot of modelling and other side-lines during their free time.

Tian chased Pat since she took off and realised that it was a bad idea to greet them The rest of the members of the basketball team got out of the bus and of course, Gab and Rain were the last ones who got off since they talked to the driver, maybe even dropping some arrogant joke.

Gab ran to Chasey and of course, my man went to me, greeting me with a bright smile.

"Hello, my Araw." He wrapped his arms on my back and tugged me.

"Cut the PDA, Ulan." But he didn't. He went for my lips but I was quick enough to cover mine with my hand.

"No good luck kiss?" He asks with a pout.

"C'mon dude, you don't even need a good luck kiss." Gabriel interrupts us. "It's not even you're going to be the game changer in a snap." Rain uses his bag to hit the Captain before all they had some laugh.

The guys went to the temporary locker room that they are assigned into and we girls went to the court to save a seat in the audience. We were lucky to have the exact seats because the bleachers are almost full with anticipating audiences.

The people are already cheering for the Rosewolfe varsity team. I recognised Caleb from my seat. He looks pretty dominant from their team due to his height. He is about the same height with Gab most probably. The other side is full of students from Forbes East who are showing off a lot, they even brought their own cheerleaders with them.

A moment after, our guys appeared. The girls who knew them squealed and that made four of us look who those bitches are. They stopped fangirling when they realised that we are looking at them.

"I should go and get some drinks." They nodded and told me what drink they have in mind.

As I mind my own business on going to the cafeteria, I was pulled to the side. I was about to attack him but I saw who it was when I looked up. It's Alex.

"Hey stranger," I sarcastically greet at him.

"Why are you here? You should be in the competition right?" He asks.

"It's not even your business." He frowned at my answer but didn't let go of his grip. "I gave the slot to others." Instead of letting go he gripped my arm tighter.

"Don't watch the game."

"Don't make me break your bones." I warn him. He let me go but before I took a step back, he did something... odd.

Time stopped when I felt his embrace. My head is buried on his chest, right hand on the back of my head and his left arm around my waist. Oddly enough, his scent is so close as what Rain has. I heard him muffle something but I didn't get it.

"Sunny?"

I quickly pushed him away and turned around. I try to compose words while my feet are still stuck on the ground. Please mother Earth, eat me now. Alex left my back and went to Rain, purposely hitting his shoulder with his.

"I'll see you in court," Rain took a deep breath before looking at me.

"Don't mind him..." Stupid, Sunny. Stupid.

"We will see each other in court," He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Shall we get those drinks and snacks?" He suddenly grips both of my shoulders and look at me from top to bottom. "And you should into a comfortable shirt too."

-*-*-

It's now the last quarter of the basketball game. Never ending basketball team chant is echoing the whole court. The beat of the drums acts as a ticking clock to everyone and when the whistle was blown, we all figured that any moment things can turn around.

"Technical foul by ITA, 23, Cruz." I saw Rain harshly drops the ball on the floor. Alex gave him a dirty look and Gab saw it too that he quickly pulls Rain to the other direction.

"Has something happened between those two?" Jill asks after putting down her arms to rest

"Rain may, or may have not, received a threat from Alex." The other girls, despite the commotion, heard and turned their attention to me. "Alex said, "I'll see you in court" after Rain caught him giving me a hug." All of them nodded in unison as if they reached into a conclusion.

"Hence the shirt," Chasey points out.

"And the series of dedicating each shot at you." Pat adds.

"Let's not forget about the times they chase each other." Jill teasingly adds on the list

"Just- stop. I get it okay."

30 seconds left on the clock and it is all left to Lance if he can make a difference. He is throwing the ball because of the technical foul of Caleb. The crowd screamed when he made the first shot since it missed the basket. Lance took a deep breath, looking at the ring again before finally making the shot. He did make it, hence making the score tie.

The ball is given to the team and with coordination, Gabriel easily made another 2 points. It all seemed to be ending in a snap but it didn't.

Tian made a foul that changes the hold of the ball to the Rosewolfe's. Alex is driving the ball then attempted to do a lay-up but he misses it by an inch. Rain steals the ball and now driving the ball.

When the people screamed the word "two", he quickly throws the ball, shooting it from the middle of the court, and making it a basket before the sound went off. He easily made another points for the team, sealing off the game with a cherry on top.

While everyone was celebrating, screaming or what not, the lights went off and the emergency light came in to shed a little light on the exit. People immediately started evacuating when something goes off. It almost sounded like a bomb. My suspicion was quickly proven when everyone smelled something off, like a gun powder. Everyone started running, causing a stampede as the take the exit.

"Trinity. Two. Two. Lies. Lies Lies."

It kept replaying over and over as if it is being sung by someone and those were the only lyrics. It only caused more commotion when another loud "bang" sound was heard.

"What are you doing? Let's go." Gab says from the court and guides us on exiting the bleachers by using his phone as a flashlight. Each of them gave their jackets to us and made us use it to cover our head.

With all the commotion aside, where is Rain?