Chapter 23: Cake

Weeks gone by so fast. After the celebration of Buwan ng Wika, everything is smooth, at least on my perspective. Rain continued his sweet words and gestures that everyone in our class has noticed already; maybe even our teachers did. The rest of the class is okay, aside from Gab. He is kind of shutting me off. We don't talk anymore like we used to; either he is focused on his game or something else, something else aside from me. I'm kind of sulking about his behavior but maybe things have to be that way. Ayoko naman kasi gampanan yung pangako na itatry niya na mahalin ako dahil wala ng pag-asang mahanap si Nica at if ever hindi ko rin naman magagampanan yun lalo na at nag-e-exist na si Chasey sa buhay namin. She is something. She, without any doubt, looks like Nica but I think if Nica is alive she won't have the same attitude that Chasey has.

"Is everything okay?" I ask after answering my ringing phone.

"Yup. Let me pick you up for school." I know already he smiled at the thought of picking me up. Rain picks me up and drives me home most of the time. Our schedules fit since he does attends his basketball training, and I do have volleyball training. Whenever the coaches call for morning training, it is the same schedule too.

"You should apply as my body guard if you want to keep on doing this. I think I can pay you well." I jokingly said. I grabbed my bag.I walked my way out of my room, making sure it is locked.

"Why bother giving me money? I'm in no need for it." I put on my shoes after going down, bid a goodbye wave to my aunt and went outside. "I have all the pleasure of being in service for you." My lips formed a smile when I saw him leaning on his car, looking neat on his uniform. Ah, that smile. I opened the gate and hang up my phone, jokingly throws him my backpack which he caught swiftly. He opened the door and I went in. After placing my bag on the backseat, he went in and wore his seat belt.

"Siguro wala naman nanira ng decorations sa birthday girl natin diba?" I asked to break the silence, it's not that awkward pero kinakabahan lang ako na pumalpak yung surprise ko for Jill; today's her special day and as a dear friend, I want it to be great.

"Wala yun. To make sure it won't be spoiled, pinacheck ko na kela Pat if everything is still there and andoon pa rin naman lahat. Jillian is late, as per usual but if she arrives earlier than us, the morning ceremony would keep her distracted." He says as I pick the song to be played on through his speakers.

"Hey! Balik mo." The song "Your Guardian Angel" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus started playing.

"When I see your smile

Tears run down my face

I can't replace

Now that I'm strong I have figured out

How this world turns cold

And it breaks through my soul and I know

I'll find deep inside me

I can be the one"

He started singing, giving me some quick glance as he continue. My eyes are all locked to this individual beside me. It feels a little warm now, maybe my cheeks are quite flustered right now. How dare he is to barge in to my world and make me feel things- things that I am not well acquainted with?

"I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever