Chapter 37: Walls

"Trinity!" In my delight, I ran to him. His arms were wide open but I didn't let myself to be embraced by him.

"You have a lot of stuff to explain, old man." My grandfather laughed on my words, putting his hand on the top of my head and messing up with my hair.

"Well I'm sorry for that, shall we return to the Eadwulfs now?" Oh you must be kidding me. He continued laughing so hard that he is almost running out of air to breathe.

Before we can have few more moments, more vehicles surrounded up. Thank God that there is barely number of people right now or else they would be so mad on how my father cramped the parking. He goes out and went straight to us.

"Do you think this is all joke?" He blurts out. He is really mad and I think I've never seen him like this before.

"Calm down, Anton. What's going on? Why are your chaperones are all here?" My grandfather was the one who left my side and went to his.

"You do know that this country belongs to the godforsaken family. Why is she even here?" His finger is directly pointing me for couple of times as he speaks. "Hah, you brought her here, don't you? My daughter is not-"

"Yes, I brought her here and that's because she needs to know everything." I know I never lived with my grandfather before but his stern voice is chilling enough to make me feel fear.

"Trinity doesn't need to know anything!"

"She is not your little experiment anymore!"

My eyes are tearing up. My heart feels heavier and heavier as each second passes by. Their voices are starting to be slurry. What are they talking about? What "everything"? Am I only scratching the tip of the iceberg? What experiment?

My head is hurting so bad and the world is splitting up into two. Their voices have faded but I know for sure that they are still fighting... I saw my grandfather close on hitting my father's face. Why am I seeing the sky instead of them?

"Trinity!"

"Tri.. nity..."

-*-*-

The moment my eyes opened, I saw an old man standing by the window. He is wearing a well-tailored white suit. Am I dead? He walked towards me, using his cane, and my vision gets clearer.

"I was about to ask you if I'm dead but I think god is not wearing a suit like that in heaven?" I jokingly says as I slowly sit and lean on the headboard of my bead.

"Easy, easy..." He chuckled on my words as he pulled a pillow and puts it on my back before I can finally lean. He sits on the chair that is literally next to my bed and gets comfortable on it.

"You made us worry." He says, still holding his cane firmly. "I should have believed you when Raven said you were not feeling well."

"I still went anyways," I reached for the pitcher of water and poured some in the glass.

"I am glad you still did though," I looked at him as I finish my drink. "How was the ball?" He asks. My grandfather is grinning so wide that it is awkwardly scarring me. What does he want to know?

"Well... there are a lot of people," I am planning on holding back what I knew last night because maybe he is playing tricks with me. "Notable, good looking gentlemen actually. They also served really nice dinner for everyone; we should get their caterer and hire them for the company's event." He is still looking at me, waiting for me to say something. I filled my glass with water again. "Klaire's performance was good too, great even." I took a sip of my water and he is still anticipating for my words.