Chapter 47: Christmas

"Mom?"

Rain dropped me immediately and straightens up his shirt. I went to her and gave her a small hug.

You see, my mother isn't the typical mother who is always in her sweetest and gentle mood. She is a serious woman, like "career over everything" kind of serious. She is quite detailed on stuff that she handles I never saw her fail. When she has time, she is the most caring mother. She cooks just fine and when we laugh about it, she seems cool about it.

"So the rumor is actually the truth huh." She took few moments and offered him a handshake. "Elizabeth Chua." I am definitely sure that she only gave him a small smile as Rain introduced himself. I filled a glass with water and drank it quickly and returned to them as fast as I could

"It's my plan to surprise you but I was the one who was surprised." She sat on the couch and I sat next to her.

"Why are you here?" I ask. She often comes in summer or on our birthdays.

"I'll spend the holidays with you and your sister..." I frowned upon her answer. Is she kidding?

"You work even on the holidays." She held my hand and smiled at me.

"Well, change of plans." She grabbed her handkerchief and used it to wipe something off from my cheek. "I'm going for now." She looked around the area with a little disgust. "I really don't like your father's place." Then looks at me with a smile. "Get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow." She kissed the top of my head and tapped Rain's shoulder then went off.

"So... that's now how I pictured meeting your mom." Rain says to break the ice. I grabbed the bottle of whisky that is on the coffee table and grabbed a glass that is under the same table. I made myself a drink and drank it straight.

"Trust me, no one pictured it to be like that."

-*-*-

It's another day and my body is in pain. My wounds are starting to heal but it still hurts. My bruises are getting better but it is still hard to move in extreme directions, I went to our room with a cup of iced coffee and box of band aids. When I opened the door, my group of friends are having the time of their laughs based alone on their laughs. I sat next to Pat who is trying to breathe and asked them what's going on.

"Rain just told us the craziest story." Jill answers as she wipes away her happy tears.

"Yeah, your mom is the greatest-" I held Lance's hand and widened my eyes so he will stop talking as my mom approach our table. "contraception..." He continues in the lowest voice possible. He then turned around only to see my mom looking down at him. "H-heh... hi tita." I hit Pat's hand when she held her laugh. She mouthed "what?" and continued giggling with Chasey.

"Hello." She simply greets all of them. "It's been a while." She looked at me and smiled. "Pack your stuff, we have a meeting to attend." I frowned at her I just came in now I have to leave?

"I have a class."

"Now."

I stood up and picked up bagpack. She already took few steps but I didn't follow her.

"No." I told her. She turned around and repeated my word.

"I have missed a lot of classes recently; I have to stay." She smiled at me, nodding in agreement.

"Very well, Raven will pick you up after you class."

-*-*-

I am now stuck in the meeting room. I have Raven explaining what I've done recently since mom already hired someone to do the dirty work for her, my mom who is basically listening to Raven, my dad who is infuriated by what I've done, my grandfather (dad's father) who seems proud of me, Alex who kept looking at me and Rain who is sitting beside me and feels lost since I just dragged him with me and didn't expect two-hour and still on-going discussion.