Chapter 33: Calorosa

"Hello?" I answered my phone after grabbing the handle of my language and locking my room after exiting it.

"Are you up now?" I chuckled at his question. Does it look like I'm going to be late for this? It is an important day for all of us.

"Of course, I'm on my way to the parking lot."

"Okay. I'm here, waiting for you like I always do." Of course, he is never late. I grabbed my jacket from the couch and checked everything before I left.

I checked the news as I wait inside the elevator, a week has passed since Gab's and Chasey's engagement yet the public eye are only receiving it now. It's not even official "engagement" for the public yet; they just posted pictures of the couple who were going out on dates which is we are really aware of. I heard from Chasey that Gab is trying hard to be to make everything work and that made things easier even if that means that he spends less time with me and the rest of the gang. He's out of my reach these past few days, and I respect that.

Walking out of the elevator, he quickly grabbed my luggage after offering me a tumbler of coffee and a bag of something. I stopped holding my luggage and opened it the bag; by its aroma, it's an egg and bacon sandwich which I can assume he made along with the drink.

"Looks like someone woke up so early huh?" I say before sipping the coffee. "And no breakfast, as per usual." He opened the door of the shotgun seat and let me enter. He placed the luggage inside the trunk, then entering the driver's seat after.

"How is it?" He asks after smiling at me and started the engine. I nodded as answer with a smile as I continue to chew the sandwich.

"That's good." He started driving on our way to the airport, which is pretty far but since its 4AM the traffic is none of our concern.

After finishing my light meal, I continued to check my email to read the updates from the company.

"Hey, did you already check your plane seat number?" I frowned a little because I'm pretty sure that the seating arrangement would be announced on the airport.

"The tickets were released a little early, around 3AM?" I quickly opened my school-related email and our adviser gave me the official seating arrangement and my plane ticket verification. I kept on staring at it. B1? Ugh, first row.

"So what did you get?" He asked me again. I looked at him and stuck my tongue out to tease him.

"Oh come on. Tell me." I crossed my arms after grabbing and putting his headset into my ears. I didn't play anything and he was annoyed that he kept poking my side.

We arrived at the airport after a while. After opening the door for me, he helped me with my luggage again. We walked side by side as we check in and wait for the authorities to do everything that they have to do.

"Do you feel sleepy?" He asks after we both sat down on a bench. We were early and I'm pretty sure that Rain heard me fall asleep on the phone before midnight since I was tired on over watching little projects of the company after our class.

"A little but I'll sleep it on the plane." I continued to surf on my phone to read more news as I rest my body completely on the bench.

"You told me that this is your first time to be on the plane. Are you sure you can handle it?" His question shivered me down to my spine. I managed to pull off a smile before answering him.

"It's just a plane, what could go wrong?" That's a complete lie. I don't want to die in a way I have no control of anything; like riding a plane with an insane pilot or a roller coaster with hidden malfunctions.