Chapter 43: Tiger

*Monday morning*

I was walking down the hallways when people started to look at me. Not the usual kind of thing; I can sense that it is different. I felt my phone vibrated shortly and when I checked it, a notification of new text message is popped up. It only contained a link that has the school's website link on it so I quickly opened it. It was not a great scene. It contained what I did over the weekend.

"Sunny..." I turned around and it was Rain. Of course it is Rain. We drove here together but I left him since I needed to a pee right after he parked. He is holding his phone and I quickly grabbed it that he frowned upon.

"What's wrong?" He tried to snatch the phone from my grip and attempted once more until he finally gets it. I jumped to reach for it but since he is tall enough, I can't reach it when he stretched his arm upwards while using the phone.

"So... they went paperless now?" He scoffs, trying to ignore the content. The news contains what pretty much happened on our weekend: the company party-the game I proposed, the birthday celebration of Rain and even the time we escaped from his party.

"Sunny had a busy weekend, how about all of you huh?" He asks in sarcastic tone, mocking the ones who are listening to him. "Go to your fucking classrooms and mind your own damn businesses." People didn't move right after that so he threated to hit one of them and they started walking away with no direction.

"Woah, woah, easy there, buddy," Jill greets at both of us. "Monday didn't even start yet here you are- looking for a little fight. Have some caffeine, bud." She innocently chuckles, tapping Rain's shoulder right away. She stopped when she heard the little notification sound popped in her phone.

"I know that you had a busy weekend," Jill looked at me after putting her phone inside her pocket. "I mean we all had. What's the point of the commotion?" She smiled at me and wrapped her arm on my shoulder. "C'mon, let's just get coffee."

We left the hallways and went straight to the café that is beside the canteen. We spotted Gab and Ken together and the latter is busy, more on panic-fight mode.

"Oh, kayo rin, you should grab some warm tea to chill." Jill blurts out, tapping Gab's shoulder that is busy using a laptop too.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Rain left to get us some warm café latte.

"You all received the messages right? It is odd that it came thru our numbers, not in the site or on our socials." Gab states, I can sense that Jill is already bored at his explanation but I am waiting to get to his point. "Meaning, they have access to the records." And Jill's reaction shifted into pure horror.

"Oh no..."

"Uh yes."

"Okay, we got it." Ken exclaims in excitement but it didn't last enough when his face shifted into more horrified expression.

"Okay... so we got good news and bad news." He looked at all of us and sighed. "It is confirmed that the work is internal since the database and the site was last manipulated on Friday, during the music fest, from our internal server itself."

"Well, thank you for your effort on reducing our suspects then, I guess, like a couple of thousand? Not including the people who visited us from other schools." He sarcastically responds.

"Idiot. The hardware of that server is hidden with utmost security. That means our culprit is knowledgeable enough to stay at the area on its off period. This only proves that the hacker is just here, walking the same hallways we do. Or at least they have internal connection with one of the people who actually know the blueprint of the school which is top secret too, by the way."