Chapter 41: Escape

"Is she serious?"

"Are they calling it off?"

"What does this means to the Camerons, now?"

"That's all; enjoy the rest of the night." I turned my back to the audience after smiling.

My father obviously had the guts to drag the hell out of me going to the nearest room which happened right away. The people were looking but I guess they didn't care. No one can stop him anyways.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He asks after letting me go, almost throwing me inside this room.

"You are not the only one who is allowed to play your game, father." I can't hold my grin, I already know what he is thinking and by all means, I am ready to get hit but he just shook his head sideways in disappointment.

"You are only making fool of yourself." He scoffed. "Do you think the board will let you?" He smirked before drinking again.

"I don't need your approval," I took few steps away from him; he didn't bother to move any inch so I continued my way to the couch. "I only need grandfather's. Of course the envious board and stakeholders will let me do my game. They are all monsters afterall." My smile sparkled for a moment as I prepare a glass of whisky after sitting down. I'm pretty sure that the glass he is holding will turn into shards anytime soon.

"I own the company," he brags.

"The last time I checked, you don't." I shrugged my shoulder and scrunched my nose a little with a little grin, matching my mocking tone and gesture. The glass flew to my direction but it hit the wall next to me.

I took the glass of whisky that I prepared him and offered it with a smirk. "Try it again?" He was about to grab me again when the door opened. I took a sip of that whisky and damn it is so good.

"That's enough!" It was my Grandfather who spoke up. He barged in with the Eadwulfs. Alex went straight to me and murmured couple of questions that I didn't understand because I really don't care at all.

"Let's go, your dad is drunk..." He whispers

"You are marrying anyone I say so whether you like it or not!" He screams at the top of his lungs while pointing his finger at me.

"I will not marry anyone!" I stood up in my anger. God forbid what I will say next. "If I have to marry anyone just to ruin your plan then you are more than welcome to watch me!" This is a bad idea but this person, this man in front of me, just can't tell who should I be spending the rest of my life with; most specially not in the name of business.

"Is this your way of proving that you can be on your own? Are you insane?" Spring is trying to pat his back but he kept on moving around. "Also, you just can't just offer a game and easily give your shares to anyone. And not just any game! They have to kill you? I worked hard to keep you safe. You are my first born daughter-"

"That's the thing, father; I'm only a daughter-" I felt Alex tried to hold me but he wasn't successful on doing it. I gave him a look and he took a step back, "your daughter at your convenience."

"You don't know what you are talking about." And Of course.

"When will I ever know about everything?" And as if time stopped, I felt my heart beating so fast after screaming those words at him. It suddenly felt like I was choking and I'm pretty sure it is all the tears that I was holding the whole night. "If I have to give everything just to be out of this, I would, and swear to God, I would not even regret it." And I wish that crushed him because it did crush me.