31 | Dean Winchester x Angel!Reader

Start from the beginning

As she rose her head, Y/N caught sight of his reflection in the large mirror that covered the back wall. The mirror was ancient, handcrafted, and alined with wood that was embedded with streaks of gold and silver. Pallid moonlight spilled out from the window as the clouds shifted their way across the sky, illuminating his sleeping silhouette and outlining his muscular build in the shining glass. This was the only time in her long lifespan that she wished she held the ability to surrender herself to exhaustion, basking in the safety that only his arms could supply.

Sighing, she felt the complex emotions simmer in her mind as she played with the idea of joining him. Whether it was intentional or not, Dean had left an open space for her, his frame resting on his side instead of his stomach. She ended up staring—as she always did—in approbation at the vast magnitude of his relaxed figure and in awe of this immense beauty. She took a moment to appreciate the view he provided, her eyes dimly lit with shining adoration.

Reluctantly, she turns away once more, her mind withdrawing from her trance. Her fingers fiddled with her pencil, tapping the pink eraser against the edge of the sketchbook. Creator's block was the worst, especially since the night seemed to tick by so slowly.

In her peripherals, she noticed the porch lights flicker just before a heavy cascade of water crashed over the old scaffolding of the building's dated tin roof. Thunder apprehends the peaceful atmosphere unexpectedly, lightning following in it's wake. It's sound is loud enough to disturb Y/N's calmed exterior—her notepad slipping from her thighs and landing beside her—yet it lacked the capacity to awaken either of the boys from their slumber.

Anxiety fused into the walls of her chest—like sticky jam would to bread—as she stood to her feet and crawled towards the front door. The human feeling of suspense nipped at her organs, churning her stomach in a way that left her feeling nauseous by the time her hand brushed the cold metal of the door-handle. In the back of her mind, she knew she was just being silly—thunderstorms caused electrical problems all the time—but she suddenly couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

The door creaked open after a firm tug released the suction of the rotting wood. Dust particles fly into the wet, humid air, only to die when it reached the raindrops that poured over the edge of the gutter's canopy. Although the sounds of the rain gave off a tranquil aura, in between the lines of the crystal droplets emerged an ghostly presence that twisted at Y/N's paranoia.

A sudden gust of wind brakes through the air, causing her eyes to flutter shut in surprise. The strong blast ambushes her, sweeping the hair from her face and disarraying the feathers of her wings. She closes the door before anymore dried leaves and gravel dirt could cluster around her exposed ankles or get tangled in her messy quill. Clearing the debris from her black mane, she whipped around hoping to use the mirror to her advantage in order to reach the more difficult spots of her wingspan.

A breathless gasp liberates from her parted lips as her rounded orbs land on Dean's somnolent figure. He leaned against the window where she previously sat, her notebook wrapped in his firm grip as he flipped through the pages with a childlike excitement. His head rises from the sketching paper only seconds later, realizing that someone was glaring at him from afar. A drowsy, half smile seized his lips as he noticed that it was his angel whom was staring.

God, was he a vision when the pale moonlight leaked through. His dark blonde hair was skewed from sleep, while his shirt and long pajama pants were wrinkled from springing out of bed so quickly. His toned skin was tainted with a soft white and littered with scratches from his last hunt. Everything about his appearance was practically screaming at him to return to bed, yet his jasper eyes were lit with a youthful vibrance as he saw her standing before him.