I shifted my body a little, using my hands flat against the matress for balance only to find a comfortable position. My hands were shaking as I tried to use my waist and move my body. The pain got faint and appeared like a knife on my waist when I slightly managed to move. Biting my lower lip, I tried to ignore the pain. I let my body fall gently down on the matress again when I found the spot and let a small sigh.

That was hard. How will I make it through if I can't even move my body an inch or two? Will I be forced to sit in a chair for the rest of my life?

Salty tears formed into the corner of my eyes again. I wanted to find something that will make my state look better, but I just couldn't.

Exhaling deeply, I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. The door opened and a worried Hannah stepped in, giving me a small, awkward smile.

"Hey, how are you?" she asked, stepping in and closing the door behind her.

"As good as I can be, actually." I answered, giving her a small smile.

She sighed and sat down on the bed next to me. "Listen, Rebecca, I'm sorry for upseting you right after you woke up. I just thought that maybe you should be prepared, since dr.Royals is not really good at explaining things."

"Whoa, wait," I furrowed my brows. "Dr.Royals?"

"Yes, he's my soon-to-be-boss." she rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you a little too young for a nurse?" I asked.

"I'm not a nurse, idiot," she chuckled. "Stefan and I were winners to a competition to practise in this hospital. It will help with my grades too,"

"You're going to college?" I asked, interest now.

"Yep," she popped the 'p'. "First year. It's gonna be really nerve-cracking." she rolled her blue eyes again.

"It's going to be my first year too." I said, surprising her.

"Really? That's great." she placed her hand on mine.

"At least I'm gonna have a friend there," my eyes fell down when I realized what I said. "Sorry, it just got out of my mouth.."

"No, don't be sorry. Of course we can be friends, you seem a nice girl. And you're so cute!" she cheered, chuckling lightly.

"Do you really want to be friends with me? I mean...after what happened?" I gave her a shy look.

She frowned, eyes showing anger. "Hey, don't think like that. Just because you can't walk it doesn't mean you can't be friends with me." it sounded like she was giving me a lecture.

"Okay." I cracked a smile, feeling much better than before. "So, that Stefan guy..is he like your boyfriend or something?"

"What? No." she chuckled, shaking her head. "We're just best friends, nothing more. I started dating someone a week ago." she smiled.

"Oh, that's nice." I nodded. "What's his name?"

"Niall. He's Irish but he moved here-"

"Wait." I cut in, widening my eyes at her. "Did you say Niall?"

She furrowed her brows and gave me a weird look. "Yeah, so?"

"He's my best friend." I claimed.

Her lips made an 'O' shape and her eyes widened. "No way!" she grinned at me.

"Looks like it wasn't just a coincidence I got into this hospital." I said, moving my finger.

"That's awesome-but how did you met Niall? I'm just curious." she said all too quickly, causing me to laugh.