Chapter 50

I headed back to my house with the card tucked neatly away into my wallet. I have no plans to use Jumin's card, but then again, considering that I'm barely working...I might just have to. I will go tomorrow, without Jumin trying to keeping me home.

My apartment always feels cramped when I head back now. In comparison to Jumin's penthouse, this is a cardboard box. Not even like a refrigerator box. Like the sort of box you get when you order a book off Amazon.

I picked up my phone, and dialed my father.

"Miran...how's it going?"

"Well...good, I suppose."

"I hear it in your voice. What stupid thing did you do now?"

"Nothing. I just went back to my apartment and now I'm bored."

"Ah, so that's the stupid thing. Why can't you just accept that you love this boy and he loves you?"

"It's not about that. I just wanted peace and serenity for a moment. I can't focus with all the..."

"Money? With all of Jumin's money?"

"No. With Jumin being home. He's a little obsessive, you know," I sighed in response.

"Well, Yeah. But you know how those rich folk are. They tend to get their panties in a bunch when what they want isn't immediately available."

"So what you're saying is that I'm teaching him a valuable lesson?" I asked.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Miran," My father sighed. I smirked.

"I'll go now. You're no fun," I sighed.

"Whatever you say," he answered, hanging up without saying bye. I would be offended if that wasn't his standard father behavior. I sat down, and looked around. I did miss college. I was quite the partier despite maintaining my grades, and presenting extremely quietly. You would barely see me in my dorm room at night, and I never really attracted boys. The only boyfriend I ever had was a silly little fling in Middle School, which really doesn't count. I suppose that's why I don't really know how to handle the one I have now.

I had seen all of the drama my friends had with boyfriends though. Every single one of them always had some sort of drama. Usually cheating, but sometimes arguments and breakups. They would call me crying, and I would come and pick them up in my car. Then, to cheer them up, I would max out my father's credit card on clothes and drinking, then pay him back by the end of the week, which I had spent the entirety of completely odd jobs and working long hours as a barista just to get enough money.

Needless to say I've always been easy to take advantage of. Maybe that's why I'm always so wary of everything. Every relationship, that is. It doesn't take much, and it doesn't take long for someone to pick out my sensitivities and determine how best to take advantage of them. I worry sometimes that Jumin can see that I have so little experience, and that he can figure out how to use that.

I checked my phone. I half expected it to be blowing up, since usually when I'm home it is, but fortunately it was rather quiet. I feel like the majority of people have gotten used to Jumin and I together. I felt alright enough to finally turn on the TV.

Unfortunately for me, it was still on that old gossip program from way before.

"I'm still not over the fact that they broke it off. Who do you think broke it off with who?" The one guy asked, looking towards his female cohost.

"I think Miran broke it off with Jumin. You know those rich guys can be kinda weird and the promise of a wedding can bring forth all of those really weird feelings."