Chapter 2

I'm very picky with whom I give my energy to. I prefer to reserve my time, intensity and spirit exclusively to those who reflect sincerity.

Dau Voire

~

I was glad to see Jaehee immediately. She was standing with Mr. Han. She didn't have on her glasses, and she looked very nice. On the other hand...

I had never really gotten a good look at him, but he was incredibly attractive. He had on a tailored suit. "You showed," Jaehee said excited.

"Yeah...yeah...just for a moment though. I don't particularly like these kinds of things." I was nervous. Not only had I just noticed how attractive my boss was, but I was incredibly concerned over the number of people here.

"I don't either, but once you come with a friend, they're not so bad," Mr. Han said. He kneeled down and picked up a cat. "This is Elizabeth the 3rd. She's by far the most important guest here."

I smiled. She was a beautiful white Persian cat, with these shockingly blue eyes.

"Oh, you must love meeting Elizabeth, Miran," Jaehee said.

"Anyone would," Mr. Han said, stroking the cat's head. He had this soft smile on his face as he did so. He seemed to be so absolutely enthralled with Elizabeth.

"But Mr. Han. Miran here majored in Veterinary Science," Jaehee said. Mr. Han looked up at me, taking his eyes of Elizabeth the 3rd.

"Here. Is she healthy?" Mr. Han asked, suddenly concerned. He held the cat out at arms length. I took her gently.

"Quite. I mean...much healthier than most Persians I've seen," I said.

"Does that mean she's not perfect?" Mr. Han asked, still concerned.

"Quite the opposite, Mr. Han. She's really perfect, actually. You've taken great care of her," I explained. Mr. Han gently lifted her from my arms.

"Thank you," he said. With his cat around he seemed a lot less...stoic. He has this dark hair parted, mostly to one side, and these serious eyes that don't tell you much. But his mouth says everything. Literally and figuratively. He looked like he was about to go on again, when Jaehee stopped him.

"While I'm sure Miran would love to stay here all evening and talk about your cat...I should go introduce her to the others."

"Oh...Yes. Do that," Mr. Han said. Jaehee led me over to a tall, gray haired man. His hair was long and tied back in a ponytail.

"This is Zen. He's a famous actor!" Jaehee said.

"Don't get too close! You must have that furball's hair all over you," he said. He sneezed. He must be allergic to cats. He was puffy and red.

"Zen, this is Miran. She's from my office," Jaehee explained.

"Oh. So you must know all about Jumin's obsession with that torture device. Nice to meet you, but please...no more," he said. Jaehee nodded and led me away.

"My apologies. Zen is usually up to par, but he's allergic to cats. I tried convincing Mr. Han not to bring her...but well...it's a fruitless endeavor. He loves her so much."

Jaehee led me over to someone else. A young looking guy with brown hair, and purple eyes. "Yoosung. This is Miran. She's from my office," Jaehee said.

"Oh! Hello! I'm Yoosung!" He said excitedly.

"You're going to her University!" Jaehee said with the same caliber as Yoosung.

"Yeah. I studied Veterinary Medicine," I explained.