Chapter 34

Seoul. It's a city, of course. With lots of people, and lots of cars, and movement! Boy is there movement!

Sometimes I would hear a click and know it's a reporter. Other times I would hear a gasp or see a shaking head, and know it's a disappointed woman. And thankfully, only rarely do I get stopped for a selfie.

While I'm walking to work at a rather casual pace, I stop at the coffee shop just a few doors from C&R.

"Oh...didn't expect to see you here," Jumin said sneaking up behind me, giving me a hug from behind, and kissing the top of my head gently.

Sure...Jumin and I did plan to meet here, but the element of surprise was not lost on me. It's still Jumin Han.

It seems like the element of surprise was not lost on anyone else. The eyes were on us. Jumin cleared his throat and quickly released me.

I ordered my coffee and left, giving Jumin a soft smile on my way out. "Somewhere more discrete next time?" Jumin texted. I chuckled.

"Yes," I responded.

I made a left instead of continuing straight, and walked directly into the lobby of FTD. I headed towards the small receptionist desk.

"Hello!" I greeted the woman, in my cheeriest voice.

"Name?" She asked quickly sorting through her variety of papers.

"Miran Bae," I answered.

"Bae...Bae...Alright," she mumbled as she began to type. Her face immediately went from mild annoyance to absolute shock.

"Oh goodness! Miss Bae. I am so sorry. Here. Our Chairman will meet you down here in minutes, Miss Bae. Can I get you something to drink? Or eat? Or...to look at?" She asked nervously.

"I have coffee...it's fine. What's spooked you?" I asked confused.

"Well...uh...ma'am...are you aware of who your name is associated with?" She asked kindly.

"Ah...alright. You know I can meet the Chairman in his office-"

"No! Never, Miss Bae! He wants to meet you directly. Just stay right here!"

Of course my name is associated with Jumin's. Who else would it be that would turn a girl from her normal self to a complete fit?

It was all but seconds until I watched as an elevator opened up. A young man walked out, older than Jumin, but younger than 30, who strolled over to me. His hair was slicked back perfect and neatly trimmed all across his head, and his suit was tailored perfectly.

"Miss Bae," he said approaching me. "It's nice to meet you."

"Oh...it's nice to meet you too," I answered shaking his hand. No idea what his name is...but he can't know that. How embarrassing would that be?

"Well, Miran...let's head up to my office," he said leading me off to a small elevator.

"So, I'm not actually the Chairman. I'm the Chairman's son, and more of a proxy. My mother is really the Chairman behind closed doors."

"Is that how Jumin and you met? Your similar history?" I asked.

"Actually, no. His cat is my mother's cat's sister, and they've been friends ever since. She introduced us after we graduated from University, and didn't know our similar history for a while."

"Oh do tell me. Was Jumin scandalous in college?" I joked.

"Oh, never. Not one bit. Never spoke to a girl, never drank or anything fun...he just, went to class and slept. Barely at that. The only real scandal is that most people assumed he...well...he was gay. I mean...is he?" The guy nervously asked.

"I mean...no. He's dating me."

"Not going to lie...I was secretly hoping you were a beard," he continued nervously. Oh, I get it now. He's into Jumin.

"No...sorry," I genuinely apologized. Some rejections hurt worse than others and I think the worst ones are the ones that no one has any control over.

"Ah, it's alright. Other fish in the sea, right?" As he asked, the elevator doors opened. "Here. Let me introduce you to my mother. The Great Yumi Won."

He led me into an office, where an older woman with silver hair to her shoulders waited at her desk, typing something furiously on the computer.

At this moment, I realized that my job will be very important. I looked around and not only saw the faces of at least 3 white fluffy cats, one of which looked almost identical to Elizabeth. Clearly, that was her sister.

"Oh! You must be Miran," she said jumping up, and running towards me. I certainly wasn't expecting it, but she gave me a great big hug.

"Hello, yes. I'm Miran," I smiled.

"I'm so excited Jumin recommended you. We've been in desperate need of a veterinary advisor for months and we just couldn't find one who loved animals more than business. Jumin made it clear that you're exactly the person we needed."

"Oh, well thank you," I smiled.

"No worries. You've got Elizabeth to take care of, so you won't have to worry about these special guys over here. But you see, we do need to determine some things in our animal sector. We have things from marketing to product design to worry about," she explained.

"Who would I meet do discuss that?" I asked kindly.

"Well, Jungsoo, of course," she said. Her son stepped forward to be in my vision, and waved to me slightly. Ah. So he's Jungsoo.

"With that being said, could I steal her away, mother?" Jungsoo asked. His mother waved us away, and Jungsoo led me into his office.